Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

1 Message

May 12th, 2018 13:00

Inspiron Desktops, 8th generation Intel CPU?

When will the 8th generation Intel CPU come on the Inspiron Desktop line?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 12th, 2018 13:00

The Inspiron Gaming Desktop 5680 has been selling with the 8th generation Intel i3/i5/i7 CPU since December 2017.

2 Posts

May 12th, 2018 21:00

8th generation intel on a regular desktop inspiron will be great.not on a gaming version

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 14th, 2018 05:00

Not likely since that would cut into our sales of the Inspiron Gaming Desktop 5680.

1 Message

May 14th, 2018 10:00

So the 8th generation intel won't be able on the regular inspirion desktop or we have to wait. I was hoping it would come by this summer. I see that they have the 7th but I really wanted the 8th generation intel on it. I hope dell does something about it. it is not fair for the customers. the desktop is what I wanted with the 8th generation intel and not any other desktop. keep me updated on this. thank you.

1 Message

May 14th, 2018 11:00

like mentioned earlier I just want inspirion that's it not thing else with the 8th generation intel that is all I want. and I just hope dell can provide that sooner. my focus is on the regular inspirion and that's it with the 8th generation intel.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 14th, 2018 11:00

@john1234swrote:
So the 8th generation intel won't be able on the regular inspirion desktop or we have to wait. I was hoping it would come by this summer. I see that they have the 7th but I really wanted the 8th generation intel on it. I hope dell does something about it. it is not fair for the customers. the desktop is what I wanted with the 8th generation intel and not any other desktop. keep me updated on this. thank you.

Plain Inspiron is budget line.

If you want this (along with a good-sized power-supply and maybe some Liquid-Cooling) ... you should be looking at Inspiron-Gamer, XPS, or even Alienware.

If for a business ... larger OptiPlex Mini-Towers or Precision WorkStations are more appropriate and a better fit/buy. Check the prices ... they really aren't that much more.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

May 14th, 2018 12:00

If that's what you want (the eighth generation CPU), it's out in the Vostro line - which is, except for cosmetic details, the exact same system inside as the Inspiron.  The Inspirons haven't caught up to the eighth generation yet - probably to give time for retailers to clear out stocks of the seventh generation.

1 Message

May 14th, 2018 12:00

@ejn63 thank you for understanding my needs and Concern. all I wanted was the regular inspirion desktop with 8th generation intel. I saw how other brands had them even the lower lines. but since I had dell I hope to stay with it. but I hope they will keep it available from low to high. that it would stay competitive with others and updated to now. Thanks

1 Message

June 2nd, 2018 05:00

Finally, Dell inspiron desktop has the 8th generation intel. I am so happy. Thank you so much dell. 

No Events found!