HiddenLava
1 Copper

Inspiron One 2310, BIOS slow to POST

Hello. When I start my pc, the dell screen(BIOS) takes over 2 mins to finish. This is way to long. I have searched youtube for solutions and all the things they say to change, are not in my bios. Please help!

My specs:

Model:Inspiron One 2310 

BIOS Mode: Legacy

BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A05, 3/23/2011

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Inspiron One 2310, BIOS slow to POST

That is an old Vista model that doesn't run windows 10 or 7,8.1. Time to replace it. All in ones are more like laptops than desktops. It has a laptop-like motherboard. Here are the Dell drivers and note version A05 has been removed.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-one-2310-intel/drivers

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Are you running Win 7, which Dell supports on this model?

Reboot and immediately tap F12. Look for the option to run diagnostics on that menu and run all of them, including RAM and extended hard drive tests. Copy error message(s), if any. Have patience, this may take a while...

When was last time the motherboard battery was replaced?  Check Service Manual for details.

You can also read How to Troubleshoot Slow Performance Issues

There are some threads about running Win 10 on this PC model, though not without issues. So search for them. But with Microsoft support for Win 7 ending in Jan'20, the time might be right...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

HiddenLava
1 Copper

Hello! Thank you for replying! I have windows 10 on my pc. Before I got windows 10 on this pc there was also very slow BIOS boot time. So I am not sure what else I can do. 

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Always helps to mention version of Windows in your OP.  😉

Did you run all the diagnostics?

Which CPU do you have in this PC?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
HiddenLava
1 Copper

Hello. I have run the diagnostics and nothing had an error. I did the full test. My cpu is an intel i5. Thank you for your ongoing support.

0 Kudos

Other than the external AC power adapter, list everything else plugged into the Inspiron One 2310.

0 Kudos
HiddenLava
1 Copper

Connected to my pc are:

An external hard drive

An internet cable 

A mouse dongle 

A keyboard dongle

A DVD player

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Disconnect everything except mouse, keyboard and internet cable. See if it boots faster...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
HiddenLava
1 Copper

I will try this but, I run all my programs off of my external hard drive. I may have to keep this plugged in. Unless I plug it in during windows start up. Is that safe?

0 Kudos