GRAVITASS
1 Copper

Inspiron One 2330, Fan keeps blowing after latest OS updates

I have tried installing the latest windows update several times but my computer just does not seem to function properly afterwards for two reasons. 

1) It takes longer to boot up and appears to be a little slower in behavior. 

2) The fan keeps blowing, constantly. 

I have tried a myriad of solutions including bios updates, driver updates and have even spent time with Microsoft techies on line who said they would/could resolve the issue by taking command of the computer from their end, but in the end, they did not solve the issue. 

As i have mentioned already, i have tried installing the latest W10 update several times over the past few months with the same result all the time.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received. 

My computer is an all in one Inspiron 2330.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Inspiron 2330 AiO Fan keeps blowing after latest W10 update

@GRAVITASS wrote:

My computer is an all in one Inspiron 2330, with latest Windows-10.

1) It takes longer to boot up and appears to be a little slower in behavior. 

2) The fan keeps blowing, constantly. 

My Inspiron 2330 AiO seems to work OK with Windows-10 64bit ( it's still v1703 ... but pretty sure it can go to 1709 or 1803).

1. That usually means it can't figure out which video card to use at Windows initialization time ... the dedicated AMD Radeon HD 7650A  or the Intel HD-4000 IGP.

2. Likely the AMD GPU fan and not the Intel CPU fan.

I found that both of these problems are related to the AMD Switchable Graphics. AFAIK, AMD decided not to support Windows-10 on this config (because someone would have to write the new drivers).

I've had both of the problems you mention above. My solution was to disable the (dedicated) AMD Radeon HD 7650A in Device Manager. It's kinda sad, but at least it works fine now.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Re: Fan keeps blowing after latest W10 update

More Info:

https://dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-One-2330-slow-to-boot/m-p/6096369/highlight/tr...

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
GRAVITASS
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 2330 AiO Fan keeps blowing after latest W10 upd

Thanks for that. As i have had to revert to the previous version of W10, I will have to re-install the latest version,  yet again, and then follow your instructions. I will let you know the outcome, as soon as i get round to it. 

Thanks again, much appreciated. 

0 Kudos