Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

May 26th, 2018 13:00

Inspiron One 2330, slow to boot

Hello All,

I have a Inspiron One 2330. It is very slow to log me into Windows 10 and very slow to switch users and shut down. I am convinced it is something to do with the Radeon HD 7650A graphics card as when I disable this device, it works fine. Makes playing high end games somewhat tricky. I am running Windows 10 and have swapped the original HDD to a SSD but other than that all is normal. 

Please can someone advise on a solution. 

Thank you 

Simon

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 26th, 2018 17:00

Try uninstalling the video card in Device Manager. Then reboot and reinstall the video driver

Since the one on Dell's site is relatively old, you might want to go to AMD's site and see if there's a newer one for your specific video card model.

May 27th, 2018 03:00

Thank you RoHe for your reply but i have already tried this and it does not work.

I have tried installed original drivers from Dell and the new ones from AMD. Also when trying these in both cases the Catalyst fails to install.

Thank you 

Simon

1 Message

June 4th, 2018 14:00

Hey

I have the same problem.

very slow startup and all so hanged in some cases.

I all so changed the SSD to new one, replace the RAM with new and installed the last VGA driver from AMD site.

even a clean boot with no drivers and no services.

Nothing help and there is no change.

the only thing i think is cos is the last windows 10 update. some thing is not compatible with the system. 

I have no idea what else to do.

June 6th, 2018 11:00

Just for a test could you disable your Radeon graphics card, then restart and please tell me if the system then boots and logs in quickly as it should. 

Simon

1 Message

June 7th, 2018 19:00

Had the same problem after most recent windows 10 upgrade.

version 1803 build 17134.81.

The is a conflict with the AMD Radeon HD 7650A card even though it says it’s working properly. 

Driver version 15.201.1101.0  8/6/2015 seem to work form me. My boot ups and files open quickly now but I have to disable and reenable the Radeon otherwise the fan keeps turning on and off on the card. Eventually it will cause a widows power error that is difficult to fix without reinstall windows.    

Dell, Need a updated driver for the video card for this build of windows. 

June 9th, 2018 06:00

Yup this is the same for me. Although i leave my Radeon disabled, which is a bummer as i love to play games with my PC.

Please help us Dell.

simon

1 Message

June 14th, 2018 07:00

I have the same problem. Have talked with the Swedish Dell support, but they will not help me since the computer is 5 years old and we have no valid warranty or support contract.any longer.

Anyone that have contacted Dell?

/Jacob

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 14th, 2018 10:00

@jsven wrote:

I have the same problem. Have talked with the Swedish Dell support, but they will not help me since the computer is 5 years old and we have no valid warranty or support contract.any longer.

Anyone that have contacted Dell?

/Jacob

Did you try what @KATTT suggested above with the Radeon drivers?

June 15th, 2018 06:00

Hello Ron,

that is not a fix if you have to go in and adjust the settings each time you use the computer. There are four people who use my computer two of which are children.

Simon

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 15th, 2018 11:00

Neither AMD nor Microsoft ever wrote the proper drivers.

I don't use this machine much, but IIRC ... it stays disabled for a while and between reboots.

Here's a recent and related thread:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-2330-AIO-fan-starting-and-stopping/m-p/6089116#M5168

If anyone figures-out a better-workaround, please post it.

May 16th, 2021 16:00

I HAVE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM!!! 

I've noticed three (3) issues that are all related to the same cause:

1) Long startup/boot time - 2-3 minutes from power on to full computer access.

2) Long shutdown & power off time - 2-3 minutes from "shutdown" to actual power off

3) Graphics card FAN reves up and down constantly - You can hear the GPU fan revving high and low constantly.

THE CAUSE:

The real cause for all of these problems is essentially just ONE thing: AMD Radeon HD 7650A Graphics DRIVER VERSION

Dell Insperion One 2330 All-in-One is designed for Windows 8 and is no longer supported by Microsoft, Dell, or anyone else!  So, there are no new drivers made for this machine.  And, if you have updated to Windows 10 you must know that Windows 10 drivers don't work well with this machine or the AMD Radeon card, either. 

ALL AMD Radeon HD 7650A drivers version 15.xxx.xxxx.xxxx ARE BAD!!!

THE FIX (SOLUTION):

1) Download AMD Radeon HD 7650A Graphics Driver Version 12.100.24, A03 [https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=XWJ1V] - This is essentially the entire fix!!!

- Now, change the name of the file from *.exe to *.zip, then unzip it into a folder on your desktop.

- You can try running the *.exe file, but I found that the PC would default to the newest driver version it still had on it.  Thus, Ver. 15.200.xxxx.xxxx would stay active and the Ver 12.100.24 driver install was simply ignored.

2) Open Device Manager (right-click on My Computer / select 'Manage' / select 'Device Manager')

- Device Manager (aka 'Computer Management'):  expand 'Display Adapters'

- Display Adapters:  double-click or open 'properties' on 'AMD Radeon HD 7650A'

- AMD Radeon HD 7650A properties window: select 'Driver' tab

- AMD Radeon HD 7650A properties window:  select 'Uninstall Device' button (bottom)

- Uninstall Device:  check the 'Delete the driver software for this device' box

- Uninstall Device:  click 'Uninstall'

- Close the AMD Radeon HD 7650A properties window and return to Device Manager / 'Computer Management' window

3) Return to the 'Display Adapters' in the Device Manager/Computer Management

- Right-click on 'Display Adapters' and select 'Scan for hardware changes'

- Follow prompts to install a driver manually from the local machine

- Direct the driver installer to the unzipped folder on your desktop and be sure the "subfolders" box is checked.

- Windows should find 'AMD Radeon HD 7600A Series' driver.  Confirm the install and wait until finished.

- Reboot and see if it shuts down and boots faster.

FINAL REPORT:

This DID FIX all the problems listed above and the machine is working really well now. 

But, I noticed that the 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' device has stopped working (well, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)".  I'm not bothered by it since I got the better graphics card working just fine.  Also, I don't know if only one will work at a time.  But, the Intel 4000 driver is now the same version as the AMD Radeon driver - ver 12.100.24

I have considered updating the driver for the Intel 4000 card but don't want to deal with the potential headaches it may cause if it updates the AMD Radeon again with it.  Since the computer is working great and is booting & shutting down in about 20 seconds each, I am going to leave it just the way it is.

I hope this helps everyone!  Good luck!

May 19th, 2021 09:00

UPDATE

Okay, I know I said I was just going to leave the Intel 4000 graphics card alone, but I had the time and inclination to give it a try anyway. 

I left off having the AMD Radeon driver 12.100.24 being seen as the driver for both the AMD Radeon and the Intel 4000 graphics card.  The Radeon was working great - fast boot and shutdown times and no revving fans!  But the Intel 4000 had "stopped working" due to an error (code 43).

So, I decided to see if I could update the Intell 4000 driver without hurting the AMD Radeon driver that was working so well...After kicking myself for starting this, I was later rewarded with both cards working right and a completely different driver version that just appeared out of nowhere (or, likely, it was the original working driver before I did any updates)

WHAT IT DID

1)  Made a RESTORE POINT...Although this did not undo the changes I made to the graphics settings, it is still a good thing to do!

2) I attempted to "Update" the Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver from 12.100.24 to something other.  Do note, that the AMD Radeon driver is the same 12.100.24 version.

3) After the update I noticed that the AMD Radeon driver had changed back to one of the BAD versions (15.201.xxxx.xxxx). And, the slow shutdown and restart came back!

4) I attempted to restore my RESTORE POINT, but it failed to change back my graphics drivers for either graphics card.  So, I attempted a different restore point that happened to already be saved before my custom restore point was created.  This also failed to restore the graphics card changes...

5) I attempted to re-install my working 12.100.24 version the driver, but the current installed driver version was "newer" than what I wanted to install.

6) Under the AMD Radeon driver, I UNINSTALLED that device and deleted the drivers (again)

7) When the Uninstall was finished I saw that the current version of the AMD Radeon driver was 12.100.0.0...This was the same for the Intel 4000 driver, too!

I also noticed that BOTH graphics cards were working properly!!!

9) I rebooted (in about 45 seconds total) and checked my graphics adapters again...Working properly - still version 12.100.0.0

Moral of the story?!? 

Who knows?  This is Microsoft Windows and an older Dell PC.  I'd say, if you can, search the internet for AMD Radeon HD 7650A Graphics Driver Version 12.100.0.0.

From my initial search I discovered these:

Release Date: 22 Jul 2013
File Format: Update Package for MS Windows 32-Bit
File Name: 2330_Video_Driver_XWJ1V_WN_12.100.0.0_A03.EXE
***NOTE: I used the "ZIPPED" version (the Top download) for my update, and that was the 12.100.24 version...Not sure!

Driver Date: 02/14/2013
Driver Version: 12.101.0.0
*** NOTE: This is version 12.101.0.0.  Worth a try, though!

No Events found!