Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 6th, 2018 08:00

Inspiron One 2330, will not boot, only black screen NO Dell logo

I power on and no Dell logo appears and nothing happens after that i.e. the computer is in power-on state not more..No solid amber or blinking amber power light status , and it is restart unexpectedly. I mean it will start with no Dell logo and turn off and start again after 2-3 minutes. I have removed all connections and pref from the Computer but still nothing. Any suggestion on what this might be? Unplugged power re-powered still the same. the PC became monitor only, when I connect apple TV. the monitor works but as i mentioned before it works for a few minutes and turn off and start again and soon. tried to get into the setup but cannot. what is the solution????

9.4K Posts

February 6th, 2018 09:00

Hi akramir1,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please read this post and solution from another Forum user.

4 Posts

February 6th, 2018 11:00

Thank you very much for your reply.

The Computer show only solid white. and still no Dell logo. I have tried many times of unplugging the power cord it and holding down the power button. nothing happened. I didn't think it is a power problem because I can use the monitor to connect with my apple TV.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 7th, 2018 08:00

Hold the D key through powerup -- can you get a series of built-in tests to show on the system's LCD display?

4 Posts

February 7th, 2018 10:00

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, nothing happened. the PC and the fans powered on  and the power light is white. only.monitor is working. NO dell logo appeared. i can use the monitor as external display for other devices as Apple TV or Xbox.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

February 7th, 2018 14:00

If what you're saying is that you can get an output on the monitor from an external source somehow, it suggests that the mainboard is bad.

1 Message

January 3rd, 2020 02:00

I'm getting this issue too, what do I do if the main board is bad? 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 3rd, 2020 10:00

@Hamieee- If it's under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support ASAP. Have Service Tag handy.

If the motherboard failed, you either have to have it replaced or look for a new PC...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 3rd, 2020 11:00

@Hamieee wrote:

I'm getting this issue too,

If you can get into BIOS, but not into Windows ... be sure it is not just this problem:

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Inspiron-2330-boot-issues/m-p/6160634/highlight/true#M7191

65 Posts

January 4th, 2020 15:00

I agree with the statement about the motherboard and the fact that the OP is stating that he or she holds down the power button and it won't even do a forced shut off means there is no communication from the motherboard.  Is the computer still under warranty?  Also, unless your keyboard is wireless like mine when you initially turn it on the 3 status lights usually blink once really briefly to indicate the keyboard is reciving a signal.  Are you getting those?

1 Message

May 2nd, 2020 13:00

I know this is a old post, but I am having the same issue on a friend's computer.  

I read all of the responses...  I have a couple add-on comments.  

I am trying to determine if it is the Power Supply or the Main Board.  

Please read all of what I found... and let me know what you think. 

Inspiron One 2330, will not boot, only black screen NO Dell logo.

It will occasionally boot to where I can get to the BIOS.  About 1 out of every 15-20 boot attempts.

When it does not boot successfully, 14/15 times-  I do not get the Dell Logo, and I can hear only one fan spin-up.

The machine--with black screen and low fan speed will then power cycle about every 45 sec-- like it is trying to reboot.  

On the times it does boot to the DELL logo--- I can tell when it will happen, I hear a second fan spin up fast for a couple seconds, just before the Dell logo.  If I do not get the secondary fan, I know it will not boot. 

The last time I got it to boot, I did a System Diagnostic---and it passed everything. 

Based on someone's post--  I figured I'd try to see if I could use it as a Monitor when the boot failed... with an HDMI plugged into the back of the system, I was able to mirror my Laptop's screen even when it failed to boot to Dell Logo.

Based on this... can you rule in/out the power supply as the problem? 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

May 2nd, 2020 16:00

Watch the power button on PC when you try to boot and see blank screen. What color is it and solid or blinking? If blinking, count the blinks...

Have you read: #1 at<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> ?

8 Posts

May 3rd, 2020 00:00

Hi,

I currently have exactly the same situation.

I have tried changing the CMOS 1 link to rest the BIOS still the same.

Have you tried powering off roving the RAM card and restarting it should come up with the bleeping sound which means no error no RAM installed.I tried this a few week ago when I switched off reinstalled the RAM the dell logo came up. Now I am back the same situation as you mention. I know the motherboard is good but something is not right. 

65 Posts

May 3rd, 2020 08:00

Have you tried moving the RAM stick into the other socket since you said it worked for a short time after you reseated the RAM then went back again that RAM socket could be bad if it works after putting it in the other socket then it's possible the RAM socket the stick was originally in is bad.  That said, that typically means the motherboard is starting to have problems and there is no telling how long it will last.  Depending on how much and what type of RAM your system has buying new sticks to test to see if the RAM is bad can be an expensive task.  As I said with the OP's situation if it's still under warranty Del can replace the RAM, motherboard, or power supply depending on what's causing the issue.  

No Events found!