Highlighted
3 Silver

Is a 10GB NIC possible in a 3670 with 8th Gen i5? From 2018

Jump to solution

Just wondering if the 3670 will take a PCIe x4 10GB NIC in the slot that is listed for a video card?

Or will that slot only work with a video card in it?

Otherwise I would need to drop down to a 2.5GB NIC in the PCIe x1 slot. Which would be much, much slower than what I need.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: Is a 10GB NIC possible in a 3670 with 8th Gen i5? From 2018

Jump to solution
To answer my own question. Yes!! A 10GbE NIC will work in the slot that says it's for video cards. I purchased a QNAP QXG-10G1T Single-Port (10Gbase-T) 10GbE Network Expansion Card, PCIe Gen3 X4. And it's working great in the slot that is listed for video cards. RIght now I'm getting 2.72Gbps speeds transferring to three PCs with gigabit connections. So now I'll populate my other PCs with either a 5GbE or 10GbE card.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: Is a 10GB NIC possible in a 3670 with 8th Gen i5? From 2018

Jump to solution
To answer my own question. Yes!! A 10GbE NIC will work in the slot that says it's for video cards. I purchased a QNAP QXG-10G1T Single-Port (10Gbase-T) 10GbE Network Expansion Card, PCIe Gen3 X4. And it's working great in the slot that is listed for video cards. RIght now I'm getting 2.72Gbps speeds transferring to three PCs with gigabit connections. So now I'll populate my other PCs with either a 5GbE or 10GbE card.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos