Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 4th, 2020 13:00

Latest BIOS Firmware for Dell Inspiron 5490 All-In-One Issue!!

So I recently upgraded the BIOS firmware to Version 1.4.1 and had to roll it back to the previous one due to the fact that if you click on BIOS defaults or Firmware defaults in the BIOS, once you exit and go past the Dell logo screen on bootup, you then get a BLUE screen instead of the desktop!!  The only workaround to this issue is to attach a USB drive with System Restore Assist on it, click Control Alt Delete, F12 on bootup selecting the USB drive and then clicking Repair.  The issue, however, will occur again if you ever click BIOS defaults or Factory defaults in BIOS.

This issue does not occur with the former BIOS firmware.  Hopefully Dell already knows about this and are looking to issue a remedy in the next BIOS update!

Any comments regarding this in this forum will be Greatly appreciated!!

65 Posts

January 4th, 2020 15:00

I just upgraded to that BIOS on the same computer so far I'm having no issues although I don't go into the BIOS and click restore defaults/factory settings as you've mentioned in fact, I haven't gone into it period and I've only had the computer for a few days.  If you don't mind me asking, why are you needing to keep going into the BIOS in the first place?

The Dell Technical Department after remotely taking control of my computer has determined that the system board is defective!  Dell is nice enough to ship me a brand new computer while I return the defective one to them.  So this is where we stand right now.
rafael6867

No Events found!