Highlighted
willhu
1 Copper

PC Troubleshoot

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with a PC I bought. I don’t know what the problem exactly is, but it lead me to a blue screen where I have to choose a keyboard layout. After that, I have 2 choices.
1) Troubleshoot
2) Turn off your PC

But the problem is that every advanced options such as SYSTEM RESTORE, STARTUP REPAIR, COMMAND PROMPT, UEFI FIRMWARE Settings and SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY dont work. In other words, the only option I can do is FACTORY IMAGE RESTORE and it says that it may erase some data. Since I don’t know anything in this, it would be appreciated if I could get more information about what to do next if I want to go back to all documents like to the desktop.

Thank you,
William Hu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: PC Troubleshoot

Could you please post the exact model number of your system and what is the error code on the blue screen? Also is the system under warranty inasmuch as you stated you just bought it?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

And mention the version of Windows too, eg, is it Win 10 Fall'18 Update (build 1803) or something older?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos
willhu
1 Copper

It’s a gaming PC:

Inspiron 15 7000

i7 7700HQ

16gb RAM

GTX1050Ti

There is no error code on the blue screen. When I open the PC, I can choose a keyboard layout that leads me to different Troubleshoot options.

I bought the laptop in a BestBuy store with a 1 year warranty with DELL only (not BestBuy). 

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

Are you trying to use a keyboard that has a non-standard (non-QWERTY) layout?

Did you try connecting keyboard to a different rear USB2 port on the PC?

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos