Inspiron Desktops

Last reply by 12-31-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

There has never been any sound on my Inspiron 3880 desktop which I bought a few months ago. I have Windows 10

Do I need to buy speakers, or is there something I need to set up?

Thanks,

Mark

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

it has no built in speaker.  you can plug a usb powered or old fashioned pc speaker into back green audio jack. 

redxps630_0-1640986198332.jpeg

Audio controller

Realtek ALC3246

Stereo conversion

Supported

Internal audio interface

High definition audio interface

External audio interface
  • One headset (headphone/microphone) port (front)
  • One line-out port (back)

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (3)

it has no built in speaker.  you can plug a usb powered or old fashioned pc speaker into back green audio jack. 

redxps630_0-1640986198332.jpeg

Audio controller

Realtek ALC3246

Stereo conversion

Supported

Internal audio interface

High definition audio interface

External audio interface
  • One headset (headphone/microphone) port (front)
  • One line-out port (back)

Community Accepted Solution

THanks

8 Krypton

And after you connect speakers (assuming your monitor doesn't have any), you'll have to configure both the Windows Audio screen and the Waves MaxxAudio Pro control panel.

So power PC on first and get to desktop. Then plug in the speakers. Wait until the Waves popup box appears and asks what you connected. Choose the right option from the list. Then open the Waves control panel (listed on Start menu, if no clickable white"W" on blue icon in notification area of the taskbar).

When Waves opens, click the Playback icon and turn the Equalizer on so you can adjust sound settings and click the Select Output Device list to see if there's a better option for your speakers, eg External Small or External Medium or External Large...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions