Inspiron Desktops

Last reply by 01-21-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Windows 11 on dell inspiron 3668

Will Windows 11 run OK on dell inspiron 3668? I guess by OK I mean will it run--period. 

Please reply if you are running it on your Dell inspiron and let us know your experience.

TIA.
SweetTasha.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
7 Gold

Will it run? Possibly but the CPU is pre Generation 8 and that system is not on the Dell list of compatible tested Windows 11 desktops here. You can download and run the PC Health Check app (available here at the bottom of the page) to see why the system does not measure up. However if you do install Windows 11, even if it runs, since Dell does not support it and you need service down the road Dell techs will insist that you install Windows 10 before they can offer assistance.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430

View solution in original post

Replies (4)
7 Gold

Will it run? Possibly but the CPU is pre Generation 8 and that system is not on the Dell list of compatible tested Windows 11 desktops here. You can download and run the PC Health Check app (available here at the bottom of the page) to see why the system does not measure up. However if you do install Windows 11, even if it runs, since Dell does not support it and you need service down the road Dell techs will insist that you install Windows 10 before they can offer assistance.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built with GIGABYTE B560M DS3H AC budget build with an i3 10100
Real work on a Latitude E5430
10 Diamond

To add to what @JOcean said, even if your PC can run Win 11, I'd hold off for a while to let some of the dust settle.

Microsoft is already reporting Win 11 issues with SmartByte internet software that Dell installed on your Inspiron 3668. So if you're using SmartByte, your internet access might perform poorly. Microsoft may have a fix ready for the Oct'2021 updates via Windows Update, but that's not guaranteed...

Win 10 will be supported until Oct'2025, so there's no real rush to update to Win 11...

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I'm not a Dell employee

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

It will run. There is a way to download official Microsoft ISO, then use the process here: https://github.com/AveYo/MediaCreationTool.bat to disable CPU/TPM checks. I have not upgraded my 3688's, but had to create a bootable USB for Windows 11 using this method for another computer. Fresh install of Windows 11 works using this method and works nice.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Of Cause, it is run smooth like Win 10.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor