Highlighted
M3V0
1 Copper

2017 Inspiron 15 7577 network crashing

Hello, last November I bought the I5, 1tb hard drive, 128gb ssd, 8gb ram version of the 7577 since day one I have had networking problems. An example of such networking problems would be this:
I’m in the middle of a game of Destiny 2 with discord running in the background when everything goes silent, every character stands dead still and then my game boots me to the main menu with the error code “Weasel” (general network error or no network connected) while discord gives me a similar message. I am connected to to my network (5.2Ghz) but nothing loads.
Is there anything that causes this? Is it a hardware error? It it my network provider? My device is still in warranty. From everything else I have seen this is an error with the network card that dell puts into the computer but no other post matches what is happening to mine. Please help!
Labels (4)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Re: 2017 Inspiron 15 7577 network crashing

Please click on the link below, hopefully it will help answer your question.

How to actually fix constant weasel errors and if you're ...

0 Kudos
M3V0
1 Copper

It happens in every game, not just destiny, i just decided to use destiny as the example.
0 Kudos
avtella
2 Bronze

Have you tried removing the SmartByte application that comes with the laptop? Also if you haven’t already, download the latest WiFi/Bluetooth drivers directly from Intel’s website.