4 days old G3 3579 - Charging turns on and off

Hi,

My brand new - 4 days old G3 3579 ( service tag <Service tag removed>) has a problem with charging. Charging turns on and off when using the laptop, but seems charging perfectly fine when laptop is turned off. I have checked the default 130W AC adapter and there is no issue. Also updated BIOS to 1.9.1 and also from BIOS set 'Standard mode' for Primary Battery Charge Configuration. Also set 95 as 'Custom Charge Stop'. Ran diagonstic by pressing F12 while system boot and also updated Adapter drivers. Checked the health of battery in BIOS mode and says perfectly fine.

Can you please help on this? I have already found people having same issue (below)

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-G3-15-3579-charging-port-issue/m-p/7255712/highligh...

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Dell-G3-power-adapter-is-not-sufficient-130W-i5-8300H-1050/t...

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
U2CAMEB4ME
3 Argentium

Re: 4 days old G3 3579 - Charging turns on and off

@PleaseProvideSolution9 

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
0 Kudos

@U2CAMEB4ME 

• When charging turns on/off do you see your brightness level change or any drop in performance??? Yes exactly
  • What is the Volts and Amps. (19.5V  6.7A/9.23A) - yes 19.5V 6.7A/9.23V is the volts and amps
  • And I assume you do have a SMART AC adapter??? - Not too sure what is SMART AC Adapter, Im just using the one came with the laptop.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
U2CAMEB4ME
3 Argentium

@PleaseProvideSolution9 

IMG_4901#2.jpg

0 Kudos

@U2CAMEB4ME 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes it seems like SMART AC with 130W, says DELL output : 19.5V 6.7A

AC's INPUT is 100-240V~2.5A 50-60HZ

And for your reference model number is LA130PM121

Found that the issue is worse when playing games.

nyc10036
3 Zinc

Please be aware that if you bought this laptop from Dell and do not return this laptop within 30 days of shipment you will not be able to get a full refund. If you bought it from a retailer then you only have 15 days.

Consider your options carefully.

You don't want to end up with a laptop that doesn't work right and having to send it multiple times to Dell to fix the problem. And the worst case being the problem is never fixed, and your warranty has expired.

0 Kudos
U2CAMEB4ME
3 Argentium

@PleaseProvideSolution9 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

@U2CAMEB4MEAppreciate your help. yeah noticed, when the laptop reaches 100% ish battery then I dont get any issue.
0 Kudos