Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

February 18th, 2021 09:00

5593 Keyboard Issue - Intel related

Spent literally days trying to resolve. Issues with keyboard intermittently not being able to use space bar, b, n, 2, right/left arrow keys. First appeared late 2020. Was able to delete Intel HID Event Filter and that seemed to fix problem. Issue kept coming back and finally said (f - it) and reinstalled  Windows 10. Worked fine until recently and now problem returns. I keep deleting HID filter thru device manager and deleted it also thru control panel remove programs. But somehow it still returns in device manager (but not control panel). Have scoured Intel and other boards for days looking for solution. It's amazing how many times I've seen "reinstall driver", "run diagnostics", "you spilled soda on it", "replace keyboard", "use external keyboard" etc., from people who are supposedly much smarter than I. But I've yet to get to point where I find somebody who can explain how to prevent HID filter and HID keyboard from reappearing in device manager. This is NOT a hardware issue. It's a Dell/Intel software/driver issue and I've tried Dell support several times and gotten nowhere. Please, if somebody who is well versed on this issue as described can help, please do! I am losing my mind trying to deal with this in middle of the pandemic. I've got family with major health issues and need to be able to use my laptop as it's intended. Not spend days looking for solutions to problems that are not my doing. Thank you in advance!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 18th, 2021 09:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

• 

25.1K Posts

February 23rd, 2021 12:00

Hi there, We want to make sure your system is working fine and hence following up. Having said that, we do not want to disturb you with numerous messages. We will wait to hear from you to continue the conversation.

1 Message

May 13th, 2021 07:00

I am having this same issue, if you found a solution can you please share! It is driving me crazy!

54 Posts

July 15th, 2021 19:00

@sacritcher @DELL-Cares 

Dell not only doesn't have a solution, they also refuse to step up and take responsibility for their wretchedly horrible design that generates overheating and failed keyboards.  

It appears that DELL simply wants their Customers to EAT the lost productivity and costs associated with these LEMONS they sold.  I would LOVE to see them step up, but will they??  Doubt it.  In that case:

Best solution so far:    

1 Message

September 29th, 2021 11:00

Dell Insprion 5593 is literally a waste Laptop. Its build quality is not at all good. Keyboard is not working properly. Also there is a issue with Track-pad. There is a lot of heating Issue. 

Even if we reachout to the service-center there is no use and waste of time. 

No Events found!