Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

247 Posts

July 1st, 2020 12:00

5593 core i5 runs hot just surfing web

Decided to run Core temp app because I noticed my notebook getting very warm just surfing with a web browser. Sometimes the temp maxes out near 100c which is at Tj max temperature. Two cores reached this while the other two were in the low to mid 90c range. That's seem way to warm for what I am using the notebook for. The fan comes on way to late in my opinion. 

247 Posts

July 1st, 2020 13:00

I took a look under the heat sink and found a excessive amount of heat sink compound. It appeared to have been applied in a sloppy manor and pretty much covered the entire CPU die. I cannot say this had a detrimental effect on cooling but I would have expected a little better application of the compound. I cleaned off and re applied a similar compound to see if improved heat transfer and I really did not notice a significant improvement or worsening on temperatures. I hope Dell will take these reports of temperature spikes under consideration and consider being more aggressive with cooling fan speeds. I am a bit concerned that these temps hit that Tj 100c mark far to often. 

July 9th, 2020 07:00

They are not doing anything. Dell making fool of customers.

I have wasted 70 k on this device.

July 9th, 2020 07:00

i have also purchased this laptop.

They are selling defected pecies.

It start heating when u started the operating system.

Dell know the defect in the dell Inspiron 5593. But they want to earn only money not customer satisfaction.

I will never suggest anyone to buy dell any type of laptop.

July 9th, 2020 08:00

Better you install the Chipset driver and graphics driver again.

update your firmware (go to device manager find firmware and click system firmware then go to driver tab and select update driver(internet connection needed).

The issue is with 10nm cpu not dell laptop. intel doesn't provide proper drivers for their 10th gen cpu.

What about you ram speed (2666mhz or 3200Mhz). specially 10th gen 10nm cpu support 3200Mhz ram speed for better operation (check the intel website for further details).

Turn off automatic scan for antivirus software and disable the background app.

always use the 32bit software.

19 Posts

August 7th, 2020 14:00

try this .....
I have an intel core i7 which runs at a faster 1.5 ghz base speed. i got a intel core i5 for my wife , which is a 1.2 ghz base speed, and quiet most of the time. The fan noise was driving me crazy. I wanted to post that this dell 5593 and most dells are great laptops. dell is so great that they offer a utility to tweak the fan settings, and i chose the quiet option and the fan is so much quieter that i do not hear it as often any more. i was so close to giving up and living with the noisy fan. the fan is new and not broken, but i just prefer silence. ty so much to the poster that solved my annoying problem with the post of :
Search for "Dell Power Management" in Start
Open and go to the "Thermal Management"
Select the Option "Quiet"
The laptop will become Quiet instantly.
The default setting is set to optimize the laptop.
If you don't have Dell Power Management I think you have to install it

54 Posts

July 18th, 2021 11:00

I don't think ANYTHING can fix the heat issues and associated system failures of this laptop.  When you open the screen into position, it BLOCKS the ventilation ports.  That horrible engineering means there is little  to be done to alleviate heat, and the CPU will automatically throttle down to save itself.  The extra heat trapped in the computer seems to be responsible for video failures and keyboard issues in the 5593.  

No Events found!