Imkevz
1 Copper

7373 Freezes and Cannot Wake Up from Sleep- Very Frustrating

Problem 1:

After boot up and windows login, windows explorer freezes. The hardware is not understress as GPU, CPU, Memory, and Hardisk are all below 40%.

Problem 2:

When put to sleep, the system is not able to wakeup from sleep. Hard shutdown is needed to get windows to load.

Everything is up to date but problem is still unfixed.

Please respond as soon as possible.

Tags (2)
4 Replies
geoffins
1 Copper

Re: 7373 Freezes and Cannot Wake Up from Sleep- Very Frustra

I have the same problem  with it not waking from sleep 

0 Kudos
KGuthrie
1 Copper

I too have the same problem.  The computer is only 3 days old. It has me questioning Dell's quality! 

0 Kudos
marvineczek
1 Copper

I have the same problem. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi marvineczek,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Systems today no longer have the S3 Sleep that everyone was used to.  They now have Modern Standby  which works a little differently.  If you are leving the computer untouched for long periods of time, it's probably best to shut it down rather than use Modern Standby since newer systems do not take long to start up.   

Here is some troubleshooting ideas from Microsoft that may be helpful:

Behavior differences between S3 and Modern Standby

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos