Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2018 03:00

7567 Laptop Freezes When HDMI Cable Is Connected

After connecting my laptop to the TV with HDMI, the PC starts to freeze. If the computer restarts while hdmi is connected the problem recovers for a period of time. For example, after watching live broadcast on full screen on YouTube, it starts to freeze again and I am having a hard time controlling the mouse because of this freezing. How can I fix this issue?

41 Posts

June 18th, 2018 13:00

OK, I solved my problem. I usually install the drivers at intel's site because the drivers are more up-to-date on intel's site. But there were some problems with the drivers there, even though it was compatible with my device (Intel HD graphics 630). When I tried Dell SupportAssist diagnostic to intel's video card, it's gave "Abnormal Exit" error. Finally, this driver completely solved the problem;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=98909

Thanks for help :Yes:

June 12th, 2018 05:00

Do you extend display on laptop and tv screen? If so use TV screen only (TV or whatever it is)

You could also try changing some settings in Nvidia panel, maybe the CPU is being used in 3D settings or to rescale and overloaded with other background apps

41 Posts

June 12th, 2018 07:00

@Seif Hassine wrote:

Do you extend display on laptop and tv screen? If so use TV screen only (TV or whatever it is)

You could also try changing some settings in Nvidia panel, maybe the CPU is being used in 3D settings or to rescale and overloaded with other background apps

Yes I use TV screen only. When I check the task manager during this problem, CPU, RAM and GPU usage seems to be at a low level.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 12th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue? Did this start after any Windows or driver update?

What is the version of graphics driver & BIOS version installed?

Does the system heat up or is there a high fan noise when the issue occurs?

Please run a hardware diagnostics by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

41 Posts

June 12th, 2018 10:00

@SreejithR wrote:

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

How long have you been having this issue? Did this start after any Windows or driver update?

What is the version of graphics driver & BIOS version installed?

Does the system heat up or is there a high fan noise when the issue occurs?

Please run a hardware diagnostics by following the video on this link http://bit.ly/2fJuGXB & check if there is an error.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

I do not know exactly when this problem exists. Because I do not use the HDMI link very often. The first time I noticed last week, the problem was fixed after I restarted the laptop, I did not use it much that day. But this weekend I used it with HDMI connection for a long time and realized it was a problem. It works perfectly and smoothly when not connected with HDMI, but unfortunately I am having this freezing problem when connected with HDMI. There is no heat-up and no fan sound.

Intel Graphic Card Version: 24.20.10.6136
NVIDIA Graphic Card Version: 398.11
BIOS Version: 1.6.0

41 Posts

June 13th, 2018 03:00

When I run SupportAssist diagnostic, it gives "Abnormal Exit" warning on the video card.

Screenshot 2018-06-13 13.32.07.png

2 Posts

August 26th, 2021 06:00

Buenos dias tengo el mismo problema en mi alienware ya que al conectar el cable HDMI a un monitor LG este se congela y se desconecta, sale modo de ahorro y se pixelea por momentos, debo volver a reiniciar, muchos problemas con la tarjeta de video, si alguien esta pasando por este problema me podria ayudar en solucionarlo.

Gracias

No Events found!