Limlimrock
1 Nickel

Allow laptop fan to stay on

I would like to have control of fan speeds on my Inspiron 5575 with and r5-2500u processor I have been doing test with laptop and my fan will not even start spinning until the laptop gets to 90 degrees which is rediculous

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Allow laptop fan to stay on

Have you tried software such as Speedfan? That allows you to control various aspects of your CPU fan. However CPU fan control software has to be supported by the system's MOB and usually does not work on most laptops. Worth a try but don't be surprised if you have no success. Have you tried updating the BIOS as sometimes an upgrade has better fan control.

For what it's worth I have the 5575. And there is a BIOS update available dated a few days ago which offers enhanced BIOS features. My fan comes on intermittently at some strange times like startup when the CPU is obviously not stressed or overheating. I assume that is just a power up fan test. Have never had the system shutdown though from heat such as a long session playing WoW.

If you update the BIOS let me know how it goes and if any new features are added.

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos

Re: Allow laptop fan to stay on

Thank you for your message. I am afraid, there is no applications or options available from Dell for fan control. There are 3rd party applications available, they have not been tested by Dell & do not recommend them.

What is the BIOS version installed?  What is the Temperature status in BIOS?  Does the system heat up & shut down when using applications?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos