Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

3 Posts

September 16th, 2020 10:00

Audio Driver is not working Well

Hi,

I have a Dell G7 7790 laptop. My Realtek(R) Audio driver updated 2 or so months ago, and ever since it did that my sound has been up.

The actual sound coming from the laptop speakers is totally fine. However, if I put in a headset or earphones, the quality is atrociously bad. It sounds like I'm listening to it through the wall of a different room.

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers but it's not fixed the problem. At this stage, I have no idea what the problem is.

Please help!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

September 16th, 2020 11:00

The sound settings might need to be adjusted. Right click on the volume icon (the right side of taskbar) to get to settings. Run the troubleshooter if needed.

3 Posts

September 16th, 2020 13:00

Does not resolve the problem

3 Apprentice

• 

546 Posts

September 16th, 2020 19:00

Hold down WinKey and R to open the run dialog box.

type mmsys.cpl sounds to open the Sound properties.

Under the playback tab, double-click on the affected device.

In the new window that appears, click on the advanced tab.

Under the signal enhancements section, uncheck enable audio enhancements.

Click OK on both windows to apply the changes.

Note: If you have the MaxxAudioPro app, turning off the enhancements there will still result in altered audio. The above steps should disable those enhancements as well, resulting in unprocessed audio regardless if the MaxAudioPro setting is on or off.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 17th, 2020 05:00

Check for your audio card driver. An outdated or corrupted audio card driver could result in your problem. Make sure the one in your computer is the best-matched one.

If you are not sure if the problem is from the device driver, then it is suggested you download a device driver scanning and updating software. Personally recommend Driver Talent to you. One of its highlights is easy to use. It could scan all drivers in your computer, list the problematic drivers, then fix it by just one click.

Well, you could also update the audio card driver in Device Manager.

• Click Start and type Device Manager.
  • Expand Sound, video and game controller.
  • Select the audio card driver you use, right-click and click Update.

Finally, go to manufacturer's website and download the proper audio card driver is also useful method, however, it is not suggested because it might be time-comsuming.

Good luck man.

3 Posts

September 20th, 2020 07:00

Audio enhancements are already enabled

April 14th, 2021 13:00

You should disable it, it worked for me. Uncheck the signal enhancement and test the headphone.

No Events found!