Start a Conversation

Unsolved

CB

2 Posts

June 15th, 2019 19:00

Audio Issues

Hello! I currently own a two year old Inspiron 15 of the 3000 series. Around a month ago, my laptop wouldn’t charge and the charging port would not stay in. No big deal, I’ll just pay for it to be fixed. It was returned to me around a week ago with a whole other issue. Now, no sound is played ever. Not from speakers. Not from headphones. It’s just dead silent. The audio driver is it’s most updated version. I don’t really want to blow a bunch more cash on this computer. Any advice? 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 16th, 2019 08:00

Reinstall the original Dell audio driver that came on the laptop. Drivers on laptops do not change since they have been customized by Dell for your specific motherboard. Go to Dell drivers and downloads web site for your exact model. "Of the 3000 series" doesn't identify your model. Don't install any non Dell drivers.

Check the Sound Troubleshooter to see what the problem is. Right click on the speaker icon to run the troubleshooter. 

2 Posts

July 7th, 2019 20:00

Nope. I also tried updating the newly installed driver. Everything is up to date and the driver is correct. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 9th, 2019 08:00

* For my Dell notes, click my DELL-username and private message me the Inspiron service tag number
* What BIOS version is installed?
* What audio driver version is installed?

No Events found!