Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

12 Posts

September 25th, 2022 06:00

Audio delay/freeze

Note: I already saw the Realtek Audio driver causing audio and video delay thread and it's both closed and didn't fix my problem.

I have an Inspiron 5502 I bought new in 2021 with a frustrating audio problem. As of last night, anytime I go to adjust the volume in the taskbar, open a music file, watch a video on YouTube, etc there is a 5 to 10 second delay/freeze before anything plays. From what I've read, it's a problem with the driver; this laptop uses Realtek. Interestingly, the issue isn't present using Bluetooth speakers.

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstalled most recent Windows updates.
  2. Uninstalled MaxxAudioPro app.
  3. Attempted to rollback driver. Option unavailable.
  4. Uninstalled/reinstalled driver.
  5. Tried to install Microsoft's "High Definition Audio Driver" instead. Errors with "device can't be started".
  6. Updated BIOS.
  7. Ran audio troubleshooter. Can't identify problem.
  8. Disabled "Audio Enhancements" and "Hardware Acceleration" in sound settings.
  9. Ran Dell SupportAssist. Installed newest audio driver. No change.

Anyone else having this problem, or know a solution?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 28th, 2022 23:00

If you are using VLC or any other amplification software, ensure that the:
•Update the device drivers from Dell Drivers & downloads website. Installing Microsoft Windows from Ubuntu will use only the native device drivers.
•Upate the System BIOS to the latest available version. Download and Install the latest BIOS for your Dell computer. For more information, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article What is BIOS and How to Check and Update the System Setup or BIOS on Your Dell System.
•Ensure that the audio output from media players like VLC Media Player does not exceed 100% and internal audio does not go beyond 95%.
•Use audio files with a bitrate of 320kbps for optimum quality and disable all audio enhancement.
•Correct Audio/Sound Card drivers are installed on your Dell computer. For computers installed with Microsoft Windows, for more information refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to Download and Install a Driver?.

Note: Installing the latest Audio/Sound Card drivers will ensure that the System BIOS on your computer can control the maximum sound output delivered to the speakers. This could potentially avoid any damage to the speaker due to high amplification of sound by some applications.

Sound/Audio Problems in Microsoft Windows

No Events found!