Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

6 Posts

April 8th, 2019 09:00

Audio problems after Dell update........ EVERY TIME

I've gotten to the stage where I absolutely hate having to update my laptop because I have no idea what problems are going to pop up with it. Why are things like Smartbyte forced into these updates?? Does anyone test these things before they're rolled out?!? I use my laptop primarily for music production and when Smartbyte is installed, I can't even listen to something on Spotify or YouTube without having a glitch/crackle happening with the audio every few seconds . When I'm actually working with music software it's worse, with a really loud distorted crack happening every 5 seconds then cpu jumps to 100% and immediately flat lines dropping all audio out for half a second. I've literally lost whole nights after updates trying to find some stupid irrelevant thing that updated or installed that's messing with the whole system. It's infuriating.

April 8th, 2019 10:00

Thanks for the reply JOcean. I'm just venting more than anything as I go straight to find smartbyte to uninstall, almost by muscle memory now after running a Dell update. Didn't know you could completely disable reinstall. Thanks 👍🏻

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

April 8th, 2019 18:00

Glad to help out!

April 9th, 2019 14:00

Hey guys,

Official SmartByte support here.

SmartByte should not reinstall itself after it is uninstalled. We see reports of this, however. If you find that SmartByte reinstalls itself after you uninstall it, please contact us here - http://support.rivetnetworks.com/submit-a-ticket/ - so that we can get some information on you that will help us find the cause of it reinstalling. We believe that SmartByte when updated and used with a current network adapter driver, will improve your experience. However, we do not want users to feel like it is forced upon them!

-- Anthony with Rivet Networks

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 10th, 2019 06:00

I installed the SmartByte application on my 7567, again and it seems to be improved from earlier versions.  I have not yet done extensive testing, but I have not gotten the static even with system sounds as well as str*eam*ing.

I had uninstalled it earlier and no attempt was made to reinstall as far as I can tell.

It's an inspiron 15 7577. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

What system do you have?  Some systems are coming with the Cinema sound/display etc.  If it were one of those, the Smartbytes might be reinstalled as part of that.

No Events found!