Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

7 Posts

March 8th, 2019 18:00

Audio / video problems on 17 5755

I have no sound from the internal speakers, nothing from headphones that are plugged in. Bluetooth earbuds play sound in SLOW motion, & video corresponds in this mode. Bluetooth EXTERNAL speaker works fine, as does video playback WITH this speaker ALONE. No internal speaker sound under any scenario. I've uninstalled the Realtek drivers from Device Manager, and NEED the latest Dell update to get the sound back, as well as to try to return video to normal playback. HELP! PLEASE!

My laptop has been this way for nearly a YEAR!! Microsoft Level 2 Techs can't figure this out either. A Moderator from bleepingcomputer(dot)com says I should be able to get the latest update(s) needed to return this Dell 17 5755 back to normal audio / video WITHOUT having to do a clean install, which I want to avoid at all costs.

9.4K Posts

March 11th, 2019 04:00

Hi Erik_theRed565,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you tried running a systems diagnostics yet?  If not, please run Dell SupportAssist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then there may be either a software or driver issue.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

How to Troubleshoot Audio or Sound Playback Issues

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or it's a softwware issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

No Events found!