Inspiron

Last reply by 03-19-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
1 Copper
1 Copper

Battery Issue ( Inspiron 7720)

Ok so my battery is just dead and I wanted to disable this battery , when I tried to use the laptop without it made some electrical noises and I got scared and just turned it off , When I'm trying to play a game sometimes when I start it , it runs perfectly but then other times it doesn't , I've come to the conclusion that It is the battery that is affecting it, I've literally search the entire internet for solutions but the difference is that I have a Issue no one else had and I was the only one with a battery that doesn't work , I've clean it's fans already , and there is a orange blinking light right next to the battery sign  , But my question is , Is there any way I can disable the battery or is it safe to remove it ? ( If you have the answer to the problem of performance that's what I am trying to fix so it might not even be the battery ) . without the charger the laptop just shuts off , the reason I also don't wanna remove the battery is because some site said that the battery works as a surge protector ( the charger is plugged in the wall )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Laptop : Dell Inspiron 7720 , I think 17r , Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz , 8.00 GB (7.86 GB usable) , Geforce GTX 650M .

Reply (1)
6 Indium

I am assuming this is an Inspiron SE 7720.....

Yes, you can remove battery safely by following steps in Inspiron 17R SE 7720 Owner's Manual in link below. Please make sure computer isn't hot (or wait about 1 hour) before attempting to remove battery. Also remove AC adapter and any peripherals connected to the computer. Hopefully computer run normally without battery. Keep in mind, you can purchase a cheap surge protector for a few dollars at your local Walmart or dollar store

Support for Inspiron 17R SE 7720 | Documentation | Dell US.

If you haven't done so yet, download / install latest Chipset and Video drivers onto the computer. This way, you should be able to experience a much better gaming performance. Please view video below for additional information that might be helpful to you.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions