Start a Conversation

Unsolved

X

41 Posts

March 19th, 2019 15:00

Battery Issues Charging/Not Charging loop Inspiron 15 7579

Hello, once again this issue arose... My laptop has been stuck in a charging/not charging loop. While plugged in, it would alternate between charging to not charging to charging. The white LED light would blink each time this would happen. During these state changes my laptop would drop fps momentarily and lag. Could it be a faulty charger? If so, what would be a replacement charging. Dell Power Manger Lite says that my battery is in excellent condition. This problem is incredibly frustrating and annoying. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9.4K Posts

March 20th, 2019 04:00

Hi xyzmarlon,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please check to see if you have the latest BIOS driver installed.  In a recent meeting we were advised that a BIOS update will resolve this issue.

Here is additional information that may be helpful:  System Battery Shows "Plugged in Not Charging" When You Hover Over the Battery Icon

41 Posts

March 20th, 2019 12:00

I ran Dell Update and it concluded that my system was up to date. Note that this issue tends to exhibit itself while charging from 35%. At 100% it no longer is an issue. The whole loop I mentioned lasts about 5 seconds and often repeats itself. The FPS drops occur when my laptop goes from charging to non charging, as well as when I plug in and unplug my laptop.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 20th, 2019 13:00

For our notes, click DELL-Robert P name and private message him the PC service tag number. When you ran the Dell ePSA diagnostics, did the battery pass?

April 30th, 2019 02:00

Hey.. I have a 7567 and same issue.. Did you ever manage to solve this??

• 

16.6K Posts

April 30th, 2019 04:00

mayankbudhwani,

Did you try the information in the link for resolving the issue? 

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message

10 Posts

May 29th, 2019 15:00

My system is G3 3579. If i uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compilant COntrol Method Battery driver at device manager and reboot, on next load Laptop will work well.But on next boot problem returns.

10 Posts

May 29th, 2019 15:00

Same problem at gaming. I checked my system using F12 key at loading, all test passed.

41 Posts

May 29th, 2019 16:00

Nope, Still haven't found a solution. Its a true shame as its truly a good laptop, but it is heavily hindered by various problems. Im curious if anyone else has found a solution.

10 Posts

May 30th, 2019 10:00

Did you try to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compilant Control Method Battery driver from Device Manager and reboot?For me it helps for 1 session.

41 Posts

May 30th, 2019 16:00

I uninstalled it but it did not solve the problem, furthermore it just reinstalled it self. I feel like I may not be being clear enough so i decided to take a video of the problem.  I took two videos, one showcasing everything and one showcasing the cpu speeds.  Note that the brightness of the screen alters when the problem occurs.

VIDEO 1: https://streamable.com/mcgbe 

VIDEO 2: https://streamable.com/75v7w

1 Message

May 31st, 2019 16:00

My dell e6420 also having same issue, in bios I can see adaptor is recognised/unknown in loop like blinking. If I shutdown laptop and put it for charging; laptop making noise which is very silent like spinning something and charging led on laptop also won't light up. Showed to repair person he said problem is with motherboard charging circuit. But in actual battery is charging with the moments adaptor recognised within loop. Can anyone suggest what is exact problem it is? And what will be solution?

41 Posts

June 1st, 2019 11:00

I'm honestly perplexed and frustrated at this point. It's hard to say at least for me to determine if the problem could be caused by defective circuits or software. It's strange because it seems to affect multiple models. Wonder if the folks over at Dell are just going to sweep this issue under the rug and ignore it.

41 Posts

June 3rd, 2019 15:00

I've found that when this problem happens the green led on charging brick gets a bit dim, only momentarily. I wonder if all of this could be caused by a faulty charger. Does anyone know if software could cause it? Should i buy another charger or continue looking for problems on the software side. I did find that Dell Extended Battery Life throttles cpu speeds to around .85 ghz which would make it a good culprit. Additionally around .85 ghz the audio starts to pop and the laptop slows down considerably.  

• 

16.6K Posts

June 4th, 2019 05:00

xyzmarlon,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

November 29th, 2019 07:00

Hi friend! 

The same thing is happening to me, first I thought it was the charger so I bought an original new charger but directly stopped charging the battery, being fully discharged I could not charge it anymore, I could only use my laptop connected to the charger, so that if it cut off the power it would go off suddenly. I suspected then that the electronic card where the charger is connected could be damaged since the USB port that it brings on that electronic card also began to fail. I ordered a replacement and I have changed it, now I recharged the battery again, but the problem of the charging and not charging cycle is the same, every few seconds it does not charge and reload, remaining in an almost infinite cycle, delaying the battery charge, and every time that happens the brightness of the screen goes down, and then comes back, it's very annoying.

I would like to know if you already had any solution of what it can be. It seems to be a motherboard damage

No Events found!