omi.236
1 Copper

Battery life of Dell Inspiron 15 7570

Hi,

About a month ago, I bought a brand new dell Inspiron 15 7570 with Core i7 8th Gen processor. From the first day, it on a 100% complete charge it runs for hardly 2 hours. I use it with lowest brightness and complete black them. I am talking about only internet surfing with 5-6 tabs open.

Please help me find the issue, is this its default battery life? Or there is any kind of hardware issue? 😞

(See how I am using it to extend its battery timing)

Sketch.png

4 Replies
joshno1
1 Copper

Re: Battery life of Dell Inspiron 15 7570

sorry mate, sounds like a faulty battery

contact dell aftersales, they're meant to be pretty good, they'll prob diagnose it and replace the battery for you

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

If you're actively using the system -- even with a dimmed display -- you may indeed see only 2-3 hours of use from a charge, particularly if you're running the discrete GPU and/or have a 4K screen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
omi.236
1 Copper

I had a Hp Elitebook before this, even after using it for couple of years it never dropped below 3 hours. This one had 8th generation processor - It should give better timing 😞

0 Kudos
omi.236
1 Copper

Actually I am from Pakistan and I bought it from a local store. I didn't know anything about local and international warranty so now dell says that I can't get it repaired or replaced from here 😞

0 Kudos