Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

34 Posts

June 18th, 2021 19:00

Battery replacement

Greetings, I have an Inspiron 15-7586 2 in 1 that is only about a year and a half old and it already needs a new battery. It's not an external removable battery, it's inside the case. My 4 year old 15-3567 original battery is still working fine with about 80%  of it's original capacity so needless to say I am quite disappointed with this new one and the battery isn't the only cause for my feeling this way. It may well be my last Dell. Anyway, what I'm here to try to figure out is which battery I need to buy for this thing. A Dell agent from chat gave me a part number FW8KR. Dell is out of stock on these and I'm thankful for that because I probably would have bought it from them that night. So I am searching online for the battery I need and when I find the FW8KR it lists WDX0R or WDXOR on all of them I find, however my particular model # is not listed in the list of compatible models for WDX0R. I'm very frustrated with this issue and I am in desperate need of some clarification here. I tried the official Dell support and that guy just frustrated me more. In fact, one of the reasons I've been a long time Dell customer has been because of their customer service and support in particular, however the last few times I have contacted them for support have been less than desirable and that is another reason that my next PC may not be a Dell. So I'm posting this here in hopes that I can get an answer other than "FW8KR is the battery that is recommended for yout system" I already know that. What I need to know is; my system aside, are FW8KR and WDX0R the same battery? Because when I search for FW8KR, all the results point to WDX0R. I don't want to know whether WDX0R is suggested for my system or not, I just want to know if those 2 batteries are the same. Please and thank you.

June 8th, 2022 09:00

Just replaced my Dell Inspiron 15 7572 battery. As you mentioned, FW8KR was mentioned on the box (see image below).

IMG_20220601_011719__01.jpgWhereas the code mentioned on the battery pack says WDX0R.

IMG_20220601_002346.jpg

Thanks to Dell for making the repair process so difficult. Can't find any support for battery on Dell India website (not even a mention of the battery name/model).

Atleast replacing the battery is easy for Dell Inspiron 7572 and can be easily done at home (take safety precautions when dealing with batteries).

2 Posts

August 12th, 2022 04:00

Hi!  I am an owner of  Dell Inspiron 7572 since 2019.  The battery of my laptop now lasts only for half an hour and I need a replacement.  I find that you have obtained a battery. Can you please inform the details of the source from which you bought the battery and the price please?  I couldn't find any battery listed on the Dell's website.  Which model battery is compatible with Dell Inspiron 7572? Your post talks about two codes. Thanks!

August 12th, 2022 05:00

I purchased the battery via offline mode, i.e. retail shop (dell affiliate). I paid around ₹3,500.00.

As I've mentioned in the previous post, don't be alarmed as the code mentioned on the outside label is different from the one mentioned on the battery.

Use the following details to purchase the battery (online/offline):

#1. Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7572

#2. Battery code: WDX0R

No Events found!