Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

4 Posts

December 26th, 2018 22:00

Beeping sound

Hello I have problem with my sound because my screen is crashed and now I'm using external monitor without any problems and I like it. Now the problem is this 8 beep sound is so annoying please I want to disable this sound by anyway I don't need to fix my screen how to disable it please? 

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 27th, 2018 05:00

Please post the model number of your computer and confirm the number of beeps. Is it 8 or is it some other total number? And for the record, if it is 8 beeps that means an LCD error, but then you already knew that.

As for disabling the beeps sound try the following post and especially the forum post by Jim Coates.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/Disable-the-quot-system-quot-beep/td-p/2329149

4 Posts

December 27th, 2018 09:00

Nope it disable only windows error actions not system beep sound I can't find any solution for this **bleep** OMFG

December 27th, 2018 11:00

The 8 beep sound is an indication of a LCD failure which can be rid off by replacing the LCD. 

4 Posts

December 27th, 2018 14:00

I swear I know I have problem with my LCD but I need to disable this annoying sound

• 

25.1K Posts

December 28th, 2018 10:00

Hi,

All Dell computers contain an internal speaker that beeps once when the computer passes the POST (Power On Self Test) boot-up phase. This speaker is separate from your normal laptop speakers. It notifies the user of any potential problems the computer system experiences during POST through beep codes—a series of beeps that relate to a specific problem.

If the steps in the above thread posted by JOcean didn’t resolve, then there is no way you can stop the beep sounds.

-Farooq 

February 14th, 2021 13:00

yes, I have the same issue, and the only way to fix it is by somehow removing that speaker.

No Events found!