Highlighted
diegocmsantos
1 Copper

Black screen after change to boot legacy

Hi,

I just bought a dell inspiron 7000 2 in 1 and I wanted to change from windows 10 to ubuntu

So, to boot from the USB drive I had to change boot to legacy, and so I did.

I did install ubuntu removing all windows partitions and creating just one to install ubuntu

After it, the laptop doesn't start anymore.

When I turn the laptop on it stays on a black screen and even the Dell logo doesn't appear.

And the light close to the power wire blinks 4 times white and 3 times orange.

I've created a windows bootable USB drive with windows to see installing windows again the computer would work normally again but it didn't work.

I've downloaded the Bios file and copied it into a USB drive to try to recover the boot but also didn't work.

Can anybody help me with this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Black screen after change to boot legacy

Hi diegocmsantos,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please post your exact model number for your computer so we can give a more informed answer to your question, otherwise, here is a general answer you may find helpful:

Below is the diagnostic LED patterns and what they mean. If you have the 3,4 you have a recovery image failure. Try using the recovery image for the system with the os that came from the factory.

LED Codes

The LED Code devises a unique blinking pattern in two groups to indicate the error on the system. The first group (Amber color) of LED blinks (1 through 9) followed by a brief pause, and then a second group (White color) of LED blinks (1 through 9) with a longer pause before repeating over again.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos