Radwan.awad
1 Copper

Black screen and power light flashes 2 orange 7 white

The light is in the sleep mode and the screen does not light up, or sometimes when I want to run, the problem is the same. The black screen The operating light flashes orange 2 times and the white 7 times but the hard drive works and the fans also, but there is nothing on the screen What is the solution?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Runsuebee
1 Copper

Re: Black screen and power light flashes 2 orange 7 white

I am having the same issue with Inspiron 7359.

0 Kudos
Radwan.awad
1 Copper

PLEASE If you find the solution, tell me, and I, too, if you find a solution, I will tell you. THANKS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
pol19
1 Copper

I have the same with my Inspiron 5559: orange 2 times / white 7 times. But I can't hear the fan or hdd.

It's alredy happened two times, each time it began starting again after a few tentatives... not this time!

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
Radwan.awad
1 Copper

I have solved the problem by unlocking Windows ie making Windows without a code to confirm entry and cancel the footprint

0 Kudos
pol19
1 Copper

My problem is that the computer doesn't start. As I turn on the pc I just see a flash in the screen then nothing happens, after a few seconds the charging light on the front starts blinking 2 times orange and 7 times white.

I cannot access the bios nor the setup mode, only shut down by pressing the button.

Note: I have intalled Win 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 in dual boot. The first time I faced the problem was after having upgraded Ubuntu from 16.04 to 18.04.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

2-7 on most recent Inspirons means the display is not being detected.  Can you get the screen self-test to run?  Hold D through powerup to access it.

If not, the display is likely bad.  If you can get the self-test to run, check the cables that run between the display and mainboard.  If they're damaged, and it's not a touchscreen, the cable can be replaced.  If it's a touchscreen, the screen assembly will need replacement.

If the cable and display are OK, but you still get the 2-7 flash, the mainboard is bad.

0 Kudos
Radwan.awad
1 Copper

No my friend the laptop is still new I bought it a week before the problem. But when it failed to solve the fingerprint stopped and became well.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Best bet is that if it's within 30 days of shipment from Dell US, contact Dell to have the system replaced.

If it was purchased outside the US, contact the seller or Dell and see about a replacement or repair.

0 Kudos
Radwan.awad
1 Copper

I have already done this, but I live in Lebanon and here there is no guarantee of life like a forest.

0 Kudos