Yhdh
1 Copper

Re: Black screen at startup continues indefinitely

I am having same problem which you had i tried resolve in all the way but I couldn’t sucess 

can you please tell have you resolved 

if yes could you please assist me 

regards 

vijay

0 Kudos
clairedechine
1 Copper

I have the same problem on Inspiron 15 5537. Black screen with continuous beeps. Will eventually (several attemps) become completly functional (so no screen or other devices interfering).

Unable to solve the problem yet

Will be more than happy when problem will be solve for many users.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Kathy5
1 Copper

Hi I’m experienced the same thing. Was on the phone today with dell support for 2 hours did a restore and ended up back again at the dreaded black screen. Have to send into dell to have a technician fix the issue  Not happy might be my last dell!

0 Kudos
Kathy5
1 Copper

Hi forgot to add in my post I can get to the password screen but after that is where the screen stays black so I guess we made some progress but not enought for a computer that is only 3 months old and only used maybe 7 times running windows 10 inspiration 15 5000

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chizeba
1 Nickel

Just an update...Thank you so much for all your help. My laptop gave up on me. It went off and refused to show any signs of life, no matter how much I tried to start and restart it. 

I resigned to having a technician have a look at it and according to him the motherboard has a problem and might have to be replaced. Although I was not given exact details on what exactly is the problem with the motherboard. 

I'll will try to get a second opinion and return with a definitive answer to what went wrong. 

0 Kudos
hssnn
1 Copper

Hello,
I have the exact same problem. I've run diagnostics, no issue except the battery, same as the other person with the problem. But dont think that would be an issue since I've tried with the battery attached or deattached with the charger connected.

I just want to get into the BIOS so I've tried several things:

*Disconnected RAM and tried them one at a time in each slot. Tried RAM from another laptop. Tried RAM from a third laptop that gave me Blinking LED that says that its problem with the memory. (No problem with the original RAM or from the second laptop, assuming the laptop isn't compatible with the RAM from the third one)

*Disconnected the SSD/Hard drive and tried to boot without it (computer should boot to BIOS without any Hard drive?)

*Removed heatsink, cleaned it, the fan and applied new paste.

*Disconnected all cables and attached them back on.

*Disconnected CMOS-battery and tried another battery.

When I press the startup button the startup button lights up as if the computer is turning on but the screen stays black, no DELL logo is seen. No other LED are turned on, as when the laptop is normally turned on. When I press the keyboard, the keyboard background lights do light up. But the screen stays black. What I have to do is to turn on the computer, if the screen stays black, I long press the Turn on button to turn it off and try it again until it finally starts. Usually the computer have gotten pretty hot by the time that it starts, although last few days I havent been able to boot it up.

I suspected something wrong with the CPU because it is the one that gets pretty hot before booting up. Wanted to try overclock or underclock the CPU to see if that makes any difference but havent been able to boot it up last few days as said. If someone have any ideas, would be happy to try it.

I have two questions also: 1. Is a Dell Laptop able to boot to BIOS without a CMOS-battery? If charger and regular battery is connected. 2. Is the CPU "permanently" attached to the Motherboard on a Latitude e7440?

0 Kudos
Carter12221211
1 Copper

Hi

I have a dell Latitude 7390, and experienceing the same thing.  Every day at least once a day, after I have left for lunch, when I come back to the laptop I get a black screen that cannot be recovered.  I can see the mouse browser, but the login page doesn't reappear.  I am forced to hold down the power button for a reset and loose absolutely all the work I am doing.

Worst computer of Dell or any other brand ever owned.

A colleague of mine has the same laptop, she started a month after me, and it was the same laptop that IT Procurement ordered- will be going back to IT requesting a new laptop--- fed up of the daily crashing 1-3 times every.single.day.... the amount of time wasted, work lost, and loosing track is phenomenal....

WORST LAPTOP AND BRAND EVER.

Oh boy, it seems like this black screen problem is happening to everyone. I got my Inspiron yesterday and when I turn it ok it stays all black. Can anybody from Dell explain what's happening? I was going to buy a laptop from another company, but my brother recommended dell. Now I am really upset. 

0 Kudos
Yhdh
1 Copper

It was really unsolved problem for me, i have tried in all the way, tried solving with older post instructions,

finally i couldn't succeed, 

i had given to repair center, problem was completely resolved and its working perfect.

when i asked the technician he said he reset the registry key, reinstalled all drivers, and updates the BIOS.

0 Kudos
dbils
1 Copper

I'm having the same problem with my Dell Precision laptop AND my Dell tower.  We finally pulled the hard drive out to back it up and purchased a new laptop (not dell).  I would love to get my laptop working again and I NEED my tower to work so any help would be appreciated.  This has really made me lose faith in Dell and I don't expect I will ever buy another one if this problem is unable to be resolved.  WHY would both fail with the same symptoms so close in time to each other?