Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2021 05:00

Black screen

My Inspiron 14 5000 laptop stopped loading web pages after working normally for an hour or more.  I closed everything and tried to do a restart  then close the laptop down but all I got was the central whirl indicating the system was struggling to enact the command. Eventually, I turned the power off and now on powering up all I get is a black/blank screen. Any ideas what is wrong?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2021 09:00

Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. 

Example: Dell Inspiron 5567 (5000 series), windows 10

You listed the 5000 series instead of the model number. To see your computer model number, enter the service tag number onto the link below:

Support | Dell US

After, you should be able to see exact Dell model number for your computer in your Dell Product Support page.

How to find a Dell Service Tag (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

In the meantime, try these steps listed below to see if you're able to boot into windows advanced repair option screen.

1. Shut down computer

2. Turn computer on and off three times.

3. On the third time the computer should boot into the windows environment successfully

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 18th, 2021 10:00

If you aren't able to boot into windows repair options, run Dell Diagnostic to check Hard drive and Hardware within the computer. You could do this by following steps below:

1. Power off computer

2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing One Time Boot Menu in top corner of screen. In Dell Preboot menu, select Diagnostic. Report back any error codes.

Dell Diagnostic Tools to Diagnose and Fix Hardware Problems on Your Dell PC, Tablet or Servers | Dell US

3 Posts

April 19th, 2021 07:00

Many thanks for your prompt and kind assistance. I am ashamed to say that the problem was caused by the USB type C cable becoming disconnected from my monitor!!

Sincere apologies for wasting your time.

Regards

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 19th, 2021 10:00

Glad to know you figured out the problem. Thanks for the update and sharing your solution for myself and others to see, and be a help to them.

• 

25K Posts

April 22nd, 2021 06:00

Hi ,

I'm Deepak, one of the Managers at Dell Social Media support. This is with regard to your recent interaction with my team.

I am checking to see if the issue you reported has been resolved to your satisfaction ?

Regards,

Deepak K

Team Manager

Dell Social Media Team

3 Posts

April 23rd, 2021 02:00

I am very satisfied thank you.

Regards

April 24th, 2021 13:00

Dell ai1 24 3455

windows 10

July 2nd, 2021 15:00

I tried but the black screen stills there!

1 Message

May 25th, 2022 19:00

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE WITH 

Inspiron 17 7773 2-in-1

I BUY IT FROM USA. LAPTOP IS WORKING BUT SCREEN IS BLACK. I UPADATED AND INSTALLED BIOS , VIDEO DRIVER ALSO. BUT STILL NOT WORKING. I AM NOT GETTING ANY SUPPORT ALSO FROM DELL. I AM FEELING VERY BAD.

< Private Express service code removed.TOS73>

I NEED HELP. ITS COSTLY LAPTOP AND NOT GETTING ANY HELP FOR RESET MY SCREEN AGAIN.

No Events found!