Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 5th, 2019 06:00

Bluetooth gone. (G3)

Hi,

I've got a Dell G3 15-3590. Bluetooth was working fine for a few days until the Bluetooth on/off toggle suddenly disappeared from Windows settings. I can only find a function key for Wireless, but not Bluetooth.

• I then tried to repair, uninstall and re-install the Dell's provided Qualcomm WiFi & Bluetooth drivers with and without restart/shutdown.
  • I then tried to uninstall all Bluetooth devices within the Device manager, hoping that Windows will reinstall them.
  • Windows Troubleshoot says that the device has no Bluetooth connectivity
  • SupportAssist does not seem to have troubleshooting for the Bluetooth component even though the website has a troubleshoot Bluetooth option and wanted to install SupportAssist even though the latest version was already installed.

Also I do not believe that this unknown USB device was there before. I unplugged every USB device and it still showed up.

dell_bluetooth.png

Perhaps the hardware itself has malfunctioned?

1 Message

December 31st, 2019 12:00

Hi, 

I had the same issue with the same laptop and managed to resolve it today. Here's what I did:

• disabled fast startup in power options
  • uninstalled all USB drivers
  • installed newest drivers from Dell

None of this seemed to have any effect as the unknown USB device still appeared in the Device Manager.

Here's what I think worked though...completely shutdown your computer and then power it back on. I realized that while I was troubleshooting I was only ever restarting the computer and a full power off is the only thing that seemed to make a difference. May as well give it a shot!

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

November 5th, 2019 07:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @Pendrokar 

Please post the hardware ID of the "Unknown Device"

https://m.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

Best regards,

U2

7 Posts

November 5th, 2019 08:00

I shutdown notebook, unplugged all USB devices, turned on the notebook and the unknown device is still there. Other than the notebook's integrated camera.

Here is the the only entry within Hardware Ids.

Value:
USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

There is this in all of its events though:
DeviceInstanceId USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&23DEF358&0&14

7 Posts

November 6th, 2019 04:00

I also tried booting to Ubuntu Linux from a USB stick. Similar USB descriptor errors were appearing at startup and running 'sudo bluetoothctl' made the terminal eternally wait for 'bluetoothhd' connection and ' hcitool scan ' which supposedly reveals the MAC address showed nothing but 'invalid device' errors.

So it seems like a hardware issue and am going to bring it in to a carry-in service.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 7th, 2019 06:00

Hope you are doing fine. Did you get a chance to have the system checked at the service center?

Thanks, 

Sreejith

7 Posts

November 10th, 2019 02:00

I deleted the Unknown device and Windows recognized Bluetooth three days later. The port and hub locations are the same for it as they were for the unknown device. Tested on Linux, and it recognized Bluetooth now too.

I guess I somehow managed to corrupt the integrated software within the device? No idea how to reproduce the issue. As I started mingling within Bluetooth settings as Dell Mobile Connect was not automatically syncing with my Android mobile device. I recall that the Bluetooth toggle disappeared after I turned Bluetooth off there.

Annotation 2019-11-24 164445.png

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 12th, 2019 05:00

Hope you are doing fine. We haven’t received any response from you. Feel free to reach out to us, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks, 

Sreejith

November 23rd, 2019 17:00

ss.png

Exact same issue here!

November 23rd, 2019 17:00

Having the same issue with my Dell G3 3590. Seems this issue is appearing with many users who purchased this same model

December 4th, 2019 16:00

Same thing here.

The first time, it happened after the computer went to "sleep". I had to reinstall the Bluetooth driver and it came back.

The second time, it still does not work after repairing or deleting/reinstalling the driver. The Bluetooth is gone and all I have is an "Unknown USB USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" of a computer with only six weeks of usage.  

December 4th, 2019 16:00

Annotation 2019-12-04 154201.png

 The image of failure

December 15th, 2019 10:00

Same Model, same issue.
Bluetooth is gone and not coming back, unknown USB Device showing up.
Computer is less than two weeks old!!!

1 Message

December 17th, 2019 14:00

I'm bumping this thread as I'm having the exact same problem. Bluetooth is gone and Device Manager is reporting a Code 43 on a USB device.

2019-12-18 06_45_26-Computer Management.png

I'm using an Inspiron 14 3480. This PC is about 7 months old. I'd like some assistance apart from OP's "it worked 3 days later" solution.

7 Posts

December 18th, 2019 07:00

That is out of context. I said: 'I deleted/uninstalled the Unknown device and Windows recognized Bluetooth three days later'. I avoided uninstalling the unknown device as Dell Support never asked me do it and went hell what is the worst that could happen.

Afterwards, I probably also tried to reinstall Qualcomm drivers again with multiple restarts. None of that changed the issue. So yeah, I've got nothing other than 'it started working'. The issue is yet to reoccur.

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2020 02:00

I checked the calendar of what I was doing at the time the issue got fixed for me and I remember that I indeed unplugged the notebook the next day after uninstalling the Unknown Device. So it was definitely a full shutdown as I mostly kept it plugged in.

No Events found!