Highlighted
Lpatilla94
1 Nickel

Booting up

My inspiron 14-3452 will not boot up it gets stuck on the logo screen and when i run a diagnostic its freezez at testing eMMC drive estimated time left 2min 31sec please help my laptop is fairly new and bearly used

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

Re: Booting up

@Lpatilla94 wrote:

My inspiron 14-3452 will not boot up it gets stuck on the logo screen and when i run a diagnostic its freezez at testing eMMC drive estimated time left 2min 31sec please help my laptop is fairly new and bearly used

How long did you wait for the diagnostics to complete ?

0 Kudos
Lpatilla94
1 Nickel

I waited 30 minutees

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

If the test is freezing for 30 minutes consistently on the drive, it's bad -- unfortunately, it's also not replaceable.  You'd need to replace the system board -- which on a model like this is just not worth the cost.

0 Kudos
Lpatilla94
1 Nickel

Its bearly been used so if thats the case it has to be a manufactures error nothing has been downloaded **bleep** i havent even had the chance to update it...it was a Christmas present in 2016 from my mother this is unacceptable every Dell device i get turns out to be some kind of defective

0 Kudos
Ande Yashwanth
1 Nickel

You may return/replace the laptop to dell if you are not satisfied with the product. The period before you apply for return depends on the country you are living in(usually within 21-30 days from the date of invoice). The amount refunded if you return the product will be, total cost - shipping and handling charges.

If you exceeded the return period you may contact dell if a warranty has been provided with the product. You may call them directly instead of placing support request as it takes 1 business day for them to respond. They will diagonise the issue you are facing and will provide you with a solution. 

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

@Lpatilla94 wrote:

Its bearly been used so if thats the case it has to be a manufactures error nothing has been downloaded **bleep** i havent even had the chance to update it...it was a Christmas present in 2016 from my mother this is unacceptable every Dell device i get turns out to be some kind of defective

One thing you can do is to download Media Creation Tool on another PC.

Use MCT to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive.

Take it over to your Dell and boot from the USB to see if you can install Windows 10 clean.

You'd eventually have to do this anyway because 32 GB eMMC drive isn't large enough to allow you to do Windows updates.

If it is the eMMC hard drive that has gone bad and not the motherboard, you could try running CloudReady (www.neverware.com) from a USB stick.  CloudReady is very similar to Google ChromeOS.

0 Kudos