Daddyfruge514
1 Copper

Bootmgr missing an screen only display when tap top is close

Have a Dell laptop with cracked screen. Plug it into Dell Monitor and only when I close the tablet because the monitor actually powered up and say poop manager missing Monitor and only when I close the tablet because the monitor actually powered up and say bootmgr missing Carl+Alta+delete. But when I try to open the laptop the Dell monitor shuts off

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jphughan
5 Rhenium

Re: Bootmgr missing an screen only display when tap top is c

Before a full OS loads, the system will only display output on a single display.  If the laptop is open, the built-in display will be used.  If it is closed, one of the external displays will be used.  That "Bootmgr is missing" error is occurring in the pre-boot phase before a full OS loads, so the display behavior you are seeing at that point is normal.  There is no way to have that message displayed on both displays simultaneously, and I don't think there is a way to have the system use the external display even when the built-in display is available at that point.  As for the "Bootmgr is missing" error itself, there are several possible causes for that.

0 Kudos