Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

V

January 12th, 2018 05:00

Brand new Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop shuts down unexpectedly on battery

Brand new Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop shuts down unexpectedly on battery.  Battery has plenty of power left.  OK on mains power.

March 12th, 2018 08:00

Any update regarding BIOS

Im facing an issue when my battery is below 50% even though im not playing it drains very fast and fans keep rotating

any one have idea ?

March 12th, 2018 09:00

March 12th, 2018 09:00

Have you checked task manager to see what is going on?

I was still having the restart problem until I reset windows on advice of Currys support (the seller). It has been running for over 7 hours on battery today mainly idling but also playing YouTube videos occasionally without restarting and on BIOS 1.5.3. Will do windows update next and continue testing on battery. Then will update all drivers and test again followed by installing programs and more testing. This is becoming a real pain but I wanted to avoid returning it the the seller.

March 16th, 2018 09:00

After resetting Windows I have now reinstalled MS Office 365 and Chrome and run on battery for several hours without getting any restarts while running stress tests and Youtube videos.  Still on BIOS 1.5.3.  Has anyone else done this without problems?

May 22nd, 2020 12:00

Old thread, I know... Has someone found a real solution to this? I have an issue with the battery, suddenly it doesn´t work (It´s either not working, or the system can´t communicate with it, or it isn´t there according to the bios... depending on the day). Is there a fix? I can´t believe that 2020 and dell hasn´t solve this yet, it´s rather an expensive laptop... So dissapointed

May 23rd, 2020 01:00

2 years ago the only thing that worked for me was to re-install Windows 10 (this had been advised by dealer support although I didn't believe it would work at the time).  I did all of the BIOS updates at the time but they did not cure it.  Yesterday I used the Dell support assist app to install the latest drivers.  It stalled on installing BIOS V1.11.0 so I down loaded it directly and installed it manually.

August 22nd, 2021 15:00

This might be worth a shot if you're running Intel HD 620 Graphics

Laptop would randomly shut down and power on again to black screen then off again and indicate CMOS time/date was reset. After changing the Thermal Compound to prevent overheating and weeks of troubleshooting this error, I finally discovered that it is in fact an error that has to do with the newer and newest Intel HD 620 Display Driver. I discovered this by disabling the driver (most recent version from the Dell website) and noticed that the computer would stay on with no shutdowns no matter how many windows open or CPU taxing applications running. If you are experiencing this problem with the Inspiron 17-7779 or any of the 17-7000 series Dell laptops that use Intel HD 620 Graphics, give this driver a try. Confirmed working on the Dell Inspiron 17-7779 with absolutely no shutdowns.

Here is the link to the working driver and I've posted a pic below for reference as well.

gfx_win10_64_26.20.100.7324 - CONFIRMED WORKING DRIVER

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19522/intel-hd-graphics-driver-for-windows-10-64-bit-for-nuc8v7pn-nuc8v5pn-nuc8i3pn-for-windows-server-2019-and-windows-10-iot-enterprise.html

Inspiron 17-7779 working GPU driver.PNG

No Events found!