LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Re: Brand new Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop shuts down unexpectedly on battery

:BigSmile:

Please verify the system is a  Dell Inspiron 7567 (7000 series). Also, verify the BIOS version on the system.

Type msinfo32 onto the [Cortana] search box, stroll down the System Model and BIOS Version / Date. 

0 Kudos

Re: Brand new Inspiron 7000 series gaming laptop shuts down unexpectedly on battery

I have just tried resetting the BIOS to BIOS defaults and to Factory defaults and the shutdowns still occur with both settings.

msinfo gives:

System model Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc 1.4.0 11/12/17

SMBIOS version 3.0

This is all of it:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-20R8IJA
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 0798
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.4.0, 11/12/2017
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.192"
User Name DESKTOP-20R8IJA\brunt
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 11.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 12.9 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Downgrading the BIOS(version 1.4.0) to version 1.1.0 appears to fix the problem, therefore I would suggest you try the steps to downgrade in link below:

Downgrading the System BIOS on a Dell System | Dell US

Also, KoRnTuNeS offer a possible downgrade solution on page 10:

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is turning off and restarting after ...

EDIT:

In another forum someone found BIOS downgrade method for BIOS 1.4.0 versions. I'm telling you step by step;

• First you shut down the computer completely.
  • Then, while the computer is turned off, hold down the left Ctrl + Esc keys and connect the charging cable to the computer. The computer will start up automatically.
  • We continue to hold down Ctrl + Esc until the BIOS Recovery window appears.
  • After the BIOS Recovery window arrives, select "Rollback" and continue, the BIOS will be downgraded after the computer restarts itself.
  • After this, you can now install BIOS 1.1.0. Now your automatic shutdown problem will be resolved.

Do not update your BIOS to versions above 1.1.0 until Dell engineers solve this automatic shutdown problem.

:

CTRL/ESC + power lead did not work.  Power light flashed on briefly and then nothing even after 30 seconds.

Then tried the official way.

Downloaded BIOS 1.1.0 and ran it as admin to try to go from 1.4.0 to 1.1.0  Laptop turned off and restarted and reported that the downgrade was not permitted.  Tried to go from 1.4.0 to 1.2.0 with the same result.

I had previously upgraded to 1.2.0 (presumably from 1.1.0) to get rid of the restart from sleep problem soon after I bought it.

0 Kudos
Sebastian89
2 Iron

I have the same problem. On bios 1.2 and 1.4 it occurs when I use a battery. I wrote to support della have something to do with it. Waiting with no suspicion for further della steps. Does every inspiron 7567 have this problem?

---
dell 7567 ---> | i7-7700HQ | 16 GB | 1050TI | 960 EVO 500GB | 4K |
0 Kudos

Clearly more than one has the problem.

I have just installed "Intel-Management-Engine-Interface-Driver_7CDG2_WIN_11.7.0.1054_A02" from Dell drivers and downloads after doing a driver update scan.

Hasn't shut down yet after over 30 minutes but will have to see how it goes.

0 Kudos

Switched on with battery only this morning and it unexpectedly shut down after 10 minutes.

So that last driver upgrade had no effect on the problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian89
2 Iron

Until the bios will be improved for this purpose, we have nothing to look for. I only hope that this is not a hardware problem.

---
dell 7567 ---> | i7-7700HQ | 16 GB | 1050TI | 960 EVO 500GB | 4K |
0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

I notice only two entries different from my listing.  First you show you time Zone a GMT Standard instead of one of the US zones.

Also, and you may have just left it out, is the entry below which should be just below the Page File entry..

Virtualization-based security  Not Enabled

I don't know if either entry would effect your system but not certain it could have some impact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos

Time zone is correct as I am in the UK.

The other entry to which you refer I cannot see how to create this.

From other info in this thread I am inclined to think it is a BIOS problem as others seem to think that the problem did not exist until the BIOS was upgraded from 1.1.0.

I tried down grading but the system did not permit it and anyway BIOS 1.2.0 cured a restart from sleep bug and 1.4.0 refers to a security fix which I would assume is important.

Thank you for the suggestions.

0 Kudos