Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

March 6th, 2020 02:00

Broken hinges on Dell G3 3590

So as you can see both hinges snapped out, I didn't even drop the laptop or something, they didnt break at the same time nonetheless, but the same way (just lifting the lid). As I was trying to repair it I noticed that the arms in the hinges dont move (I mean they dont rotate), which at first sight is how you would think they should work. Thus, I gave up in my attempt to use some adhesive since I may harm the PC. Anyone knows how they should work? I have the pieces of plastic and screws that kept the frame sticked to the display assembly. Any tips or help would be appreciated!

Picture: https://imgur.com/NcLeyd7

• 

25K Posts

June 9th, 2020 02:00

Adding to our previous message. For some reason we are unable to play the video  that you have sent, not sure what format is that.

Please check and resend the video, we will check and assist you, ^KR  

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 04:00

Unfortunately no, they have not. I have tried ordering the screws from Dell at least 5 times over the past 2 weeks and every single time I explain what I want to order, what the part number is, and they confirm they will create a sales order for me but nothing is ever sent to me.  Incredibly frustrating to waste my time on this. I had some good experiences with Dell in the past but I am very very disappointed with the company and this product.  

If any moderator ok here can help me order twelve (12) M2.5 x 2.5 "big head" screws I am willing to pay for them.  Dell part number 320MK.

• 

25K Posts

June 11th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

We can make sure we can resolve the issue hence we can book the service call to fix the issue. ^KR 

June 11th, 2020 12:00

Hello!

Im out of USA (Notebook bought on USA directly to Dell website) and living in Chile right now. My warranty is basic and still running.

How can we proceed?

1 Message

July 10th, 2020 21:00

I am having the same issue, my hinge came apart and screws fell out and my screen is damaged beyond use.  All the nuts that the tiny hinge screws screw into broke out of the plastic and now I have an expensive paper weight.  Have only had the laptop since April.  Did Dell do anything to help fix this issue for you?

1 Message

October 13th, 2020 17:00

I got the same laptop with the same problem. My laptop is 10months old and the hinges was broken to the point that I can’t open it anymore. I am afraid that it will also affect other parts like the display.

i am from the philippines and living in an island. I don’t know How I Will get my laptop fix. I trusted dell so I choose to invest my money in your product. If you can send me any help by any means. Please do. I need my laptop badly for I use it in my works. Now I can’t continue working. It is unfair and distressing .

I am begging you to help me. 

1 Message

November 25th, 2020 16:00

I have the same problem in cuarentine from Colombia, I buy the case in ALIEXPRESS and fix, REALLY BAD QUALITY in dell forrums have many histories with the same problem, in my case the warranty dont help me.

good look, bye

Oscar

1 Message

December 29th, 2020 05:00

I have the same problem with my G3 laptop. The hinge broke after 1 year of use. I have a waranty but the store keeps telling me there is a problem with the repair pieces they need from Dell. Can this be fixed and not break again after one month? They have my laptop since December 12th. It's taking forever!

Never buying a Dell again..that's for sure!

7 Posts

March 4th, 2021 23:00

I have this same problem with my DELL G3 3590 (bought on September 2019), the hinges crack-opened the G3 back plate every time I opened the screen. This happened after my warranty expired (August 2020), but the laptop was barely used (30 times for less than 4 hrs) as this is a backup laptop, I mainly use my desktop computer.

I decided to omit this issue, because i was reading that DELL won't cover this problem, they think it is a 'COSMETIC ISSUE'.

I thought: 'This couldn't get any worst than having the G3 backplate open'. Oh boy, i should have paid attention, it turns out that moving the hinges will get harder and harder, until they will crack-open the whole screen frame and then they will crack the screen itself.

With these damages, any decent company with ALL these complaints will at least do a recall and fix or refund their customers, it's obvious that there is a design flaw. But to be honest, i don't think DELL will respond to none of us, even when my laptop had its active warranty (4 months after purchase), i called DELL support because the HDD CADDY/ SATA CABLE for a 2nd hard drive came defective, I only asked them to send me a replacement SATA cable because the one included came defective, and supposedly DELL doesn't cover additional accessories. [I wonder how a Factory HDD Caddy/w SATA cable that came with the laptop is an additional accessory?].

If something as simple as a sata cable replacement, they didn't replace it, I don't think they will respond/recall/fix a defective hinge or cracked screen caused by this defect.

Now with a little more of a year since I bought this laptop, it became useless [broken hinges, cracked back plate and screen frame, cracked screen]. I don't think there is a permanent fix, as others have stated, even after repairs, this issue will come back, so any attempts are worthless.

I learned my lesson: STAY AWAY FROM THIS MODEL (DELL G3 3590), IT IS FLAWED. stay AWAY from DELL. Don't buy it, not even 2nd hand, you will regret it.

I hope this message will save all the frustration I went through. SKIP DELL, there are other brands like Apple, HP and Lenovo that have premium customer support and even they also made mistakes, at least these other companies have the decency of do recalls and compensate their customers for flawed laptops.

No Events found!