Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2022 10:00

Built-in Camera is not functional in Inspiron 7706 2n1

I bought this laptop 2 months ago and I was in love with it. Suddenly its camera has stopped working. Now it turns On / Off automatically. I've been very uncomfortable with it.  

Any solution???

Thanks

Erum

• 

16.7K Posts

July 12th, 2022 04:00

Issue Resolved-antivirus disabled for webcam,updated webcam drivers, uninstalled reinstalled webcam drivers, enabled webcam in bios, Reinstalled Support Assist.

• 

25.1K Posts

July 2nd, 2022 04:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

July 4th, 2022 22:00

Make sure the camera is enabled in the BIOS of your Dell notebook. Restart or power on the computer. When you see the Dell logo during POST, press the F2 key once a second to enter the System Setup. NOTE: When the computer boots into Windows, restart the computer and try again.

6 Posts

July 18th, 2022 06:00

Hello, earlier the Camera was starting working fine but when I used it with Zoom it started glitching and now it turned off completely. 

The same thing happened earlier. Solely the Camera (as an app) was working fine but when I used it with Zoom it gave me issue and ultimately giving me the Erro "We can't find your Camera"

Please resolve the issue as it is causing me huge frustration because of my continous meeting with my colleagues and I am unable to attend it with videos.

Regards, 

Erum

6 Posts

March 8th, 2023 08:00

Hey, 

It has been 8 months since I am facing an issue with my Laptop Camera. 

Earlier, Dell didn't support with a warranty claim however I have this product under warranty till Aug 2023.

Later on, I decided to buy a Camera at my own expense and replaced the non-functional camera in the laptop. 

After consultation with Dell Technician Online, I bought the Camera with Dell at $22 and install it in a laptop. but it showed me the worst case ever. 

Earlier I had only a Camera Detecting issue but now Voice input is not detecting. When I am in my Zoom Meeting, earlier I was unable to show my face but now no one can listen me as well. 

I am VERY MUCH DISAPPOINTED with the services and products of Dell. 

Please tell me where should I go and how can I resolve my issue. It has been causing me anxiety about my work as I am unable to perform my task as efficiently as I should.

I am attaching proof of the invoice of Camera for this laptop. '

please advise.

. TOS76>

March 20th, 2023 10:00

I had the same issue. This is how it worked for me..

- Went to Device Manager

- Cameras--->  Integrated Camera( Double Clicked it)

- Disabled Device + Uninstalled Device --->  OK

- In Device Manager---> Action Menu ---> Scan for Hardware Change

- It works.

March 20th, 2023 12:00

I have the same problem. I am using Dell Inspiron 15R and facing the same issue. Looking for a solution to your post.

6 Posts

March 20th, 2023 13:00

Hello Faisal, 

Thanks for your reply. 

but there is NO Camera option in Device Manager. Can you please check and advise where else it could be located?

ThanksDevice Manager.jpg

1 Message

November 12th, 2023 16:12

@Erum786​  I am having the same issue.  Did you get a fix?

No Events found!