Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

February 15th, 2019 09:00

Camera and touchpad not working

hi, i have a dell inspiron 5559 and my camera only works the first time i turn on the laptop, after i close the tape and open it again it appears this error

{2A15A290-DCA9-49F6-AE60-E73C4BA69D07}.png.jpg

and the camera only works again if i turn off the computer completly and turn it on again.

Also, the touchpad suddenly stops working and work again a few later or just work very glitchy

also sometimes when i put my hand resting on the bottom left the toucohpad it just wont move at all

PLEASE HEEELP

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 15th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for your message. Did this issue start after any recent Windows update or driver change?

Do you see any red X or an exclamation mark in device manager?

In device manager expand input devices – right click on the touchpad & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer.

Open Dell Support Assist & run a test on the camera & touchpad. Check if both the devices work in the test environment.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

3 Posts

@SreejithR wrote:

Thank you for your message. Did this issue start after any recent Windows update or driver change?

Do you see any red X or an exclamation mark in device manager?

In device manager expand input devices – right click on the touchpad & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer.

Open Dell Support Assist & run a test on the camera & touchpad. Check if both the devices work in the test environment.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Hi, it started when i upgaded to windows 10, i do not see an X mark on device manager but i do not have a touchpad one on there.

my bios version is 1.5.2  7/18/2018

3 Posts

Hi, i don't seem to  have a touchpad on the device manager. And my bios version is 1.5.2 

7/18/2018

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

February 15th, 2019 11:00

Try using any other online application like Skype or Facebook to check if the camera has the same error.

Sorry about the touchpad, this model has a precision touchpad & there will be no option in the device as it is a part of the Windows updates.

Did you get a chance to check in Dell Support Assist?

Please share the service tag details on a private message.

No Events found!