Noobster11
1 Copper

Can't factory reset, Laptop applications are blank

My hard drive was full so I did a factory reset. After the reset I saw I still only had about 70 GB out of 400GB free. I found the hard drive was full from a hidden folder which stores backups (I forgot it's name but it started with a $). So I made myself an administrator (needed SYSTEM permission) and deleted all the files in it, I had read somewhere that this file wasn't important. That cleared up my memory to the point I had close to 400 GB free. Afterwards none of the applications work, ie doesn't open, the windows bar doesn't open, task manager is blank. I tried rebooting through safe mode to factory reset but I can't since the windows button doesn't show anything and I also tried to go to restart through safe mode but the f8 key doesn't do anything. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? Dell Inspiron 13, Reg Model: P57G
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Can't factory reset, Laptop applications are blank

Noobster11,

You will need to do a fresh install of Windows, Drivers and Software on the system. You can click the link below to download Windows.

Dell Windows Backup Media and Recovery Options

Drivers Downloads and Manuals

Drivers Help and Install Order and FAQ's

Windows Operating System Support

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Noobster11
1 Copper

I can't access the link because I can't use any browsers. Since I did a factory reset the only browser available is edge but when I click on it does not open. Do you know what I can do in this case?
0 Kudos

Noobster11,

You will need to contact Dell to get the Media.

Order Recovery Media

If you prefer to use a physical device, please contact Dell technical support to order a copy. There may be a fee associated with this service.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Noobster11
1 Copper

So I got the media but the Dell Key Creator Icon application that was downloaded to a computer would not open, so I am unable to pass it to a USB. Do you know why it would not open?
0 Kudos