Inspiron

Last reply by 12-07-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Can't install My Dell from Windows Store

Hi,

I purchased Dell 5590 last year. I recently did a reinstall of Windows removing everything. While I managed to install all Dell apps after reinstall, I am not able to install My Dell app from the Store, which helps in running diagnostics, etc.

Annotation 2020-06-02 190304.png

Appreciate any tips on this.

<Service Tag removed>

<Express service code removed>

If that matters.

Replies (43)

Hi dhimansumit4, you are on build 2004 that may have it's set of bugs that will be fixed overtime. Second, the developers will need to update the app for compatibility issues. Both of these will take time. If this is a necessary app, I would suggest uninstalling the 2004, if you are within 10 days of the upgrade and try installing the app. ^SP

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

Not the answer I would like to hear, but you in all sense is correct. Thanks.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

It can be done.

Click here to open the link to My Dell in the MS store but open it in your browser https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9PN7T3JFPRZ6

Add the app to your cart and check out.

Go to the Microsoft Store and click "My Library"

Find the My Dell app and click the 3 dots next to Install. Click "Install on my devices"

Select the device you want to install it on. It should start installing right away.

@DELL-Cares 

Got my Dell XPS 15 back from repair, with a newly installed windows 10 and no Dell apps. I'm trying to install "My Dell" app from MS store, but it showing "redeem a code".

not sure from where to find code.

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 3593 last week. I upgraded my windows 10 from Home to Pro using a clean reinstall and updated it. But now I am unable to install apps like My dell, dell mobile connect from Microsoft store. It is showing the app is not compatible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regardserror.jpg

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I'm actually experiencing this too. I did a system reset with SupportAssist OS recovery which installed stock windows without any dell apps or pre-installed software like my 12 months of McAfee. They literally tried to make me pay them for "tech support" for an incompatibility issue they created. Worst part is you can't even factory reset because OS recovery disabled it; you can only cloud install latest. And I'm beyond confused why that cloud image has nothing on it. I only had to reinstall because the screen refused to turn on after 2 hours after repair failed to correct it. Dell customer experience is unforgivable, especially after I paid for a $2k laptop.

Did you find a solution? 

I am experiencing the exact same thing 

We are working on your case, we will DM in sometime. 

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

I've the same problem.

Is there any solution to fix this problem?

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Same problem here, XPS 17 2020, new windows install

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor