Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

May 1st, 2020 03:00

Can't install Windows 10 in any way on Inspiron 5593 - Frustrating!

Hello,

I can't install a fresh Windows 10 on my Inspiron 5593 in any way.

Here's what I've tried:

-> Support OS from Bios get stuck on "Recovery failed" message. I would like to recovery a "factory image" of the operating system but it doesn't work.

-> Created a USB installation media from the ISO found in the official Dell site for my product. In this way the installation starts but there's no way to let him recognize drivers.

I've downloaded the drivers from the site and extracted on another usb media.

The installer checks for the drivers, shows the drivers compatible with the hardware but DO NOT install anything.

I mean... I select the driver to install, click on "Next" and after some seconds I get the same error "Can't find drivers for this device"

Same error for every compatible hardware found.

I've also tried to download a original copy of windows 10 (not the dell version found in the site) and the problem with drivers is the same

Please, can someone help me or give me some ideas?

I exclude hardware problems because with Linux everything works like a charm.

I wrote to the support...no answer yet.

Thanks in advice

2 Posts

May 1st, 2020 04:00

Hello and thanks for the response.

Yes, I've downloaded from that site, but even if I download the original dell installation ISO (for my service tag) the problem is always the same.

I've tried in each way...

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

May 1st, 2020 04:00

Did you download and install using the media creation tool at this MS site?

June 15th, 2020 11:00

Just ran into this exact issue and found in another search that I needed to boot the install media from a USB 2.0 stick, and that worked. I had also changed the HDD mode from RAID to AHCI but I don't know now if that was necessary.

https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron-Desktops/Windows-USB-Clean-Install-A-media-driver-your-computer-needs-is/td-p/7320485

247 Posts

June 16th, 2020 10:00

The Windows media creation tool is the best way to do a full and clean install. Now when you do this the restore partition Dell put in place will be gone. But from what your saying I think that is already true. I never had much luck with Dell restore solutions. What you may have to do is delete from Bios the Windows manager from the boot order. This helps start off with a clean drive to install Windows. Should not matter if you use RAID or AHCI for a Windows install. I did a clean install right after purchasing my Dell 5593 because I like starting out with a clean drive with no space taken up with a restore partition. 

No Events found!