Highlighted
3 Argentum

Cannot reply to Private Messages.

Got a reply from @BP-CSTE  

This is concerning my original message. 

Dell Inspiron 15 3542 Early 2014 Recovery
Laptop was ordered with Windows 7. Currently I have Windows 10. I want to get the recovery image for Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10. I want the recovery image not an ISO from Microsoft. I know I can clean install with ISO from Microsoft. I do not want that option I want to use recovery image then upgrade. I have my reasons for this. So please help. I tried the OS recovery tool but get a message No OS images for the Service Tag though images do exists for the product. And I also know Windows 7 is not supported I am gonna upgrade to Windows 10.

This is the reply.

Hi,

Microsoft has ended support for Windows 7 on January 14, 2020. Microsoft technical support and automatic updates will end on this date, and platform updates for Microsoft Security Essentials will cease as well.

For more details, you can refer here: https://dell.to/2YMlLsF

Dell recommends that you begin the process of moving to Windows 10 if your computer has been tested by Dell for an upgrade to Windows 10.

-Farooq

Here is my reply back I cannot reply to them it saids fix the highlighted errors. But I see no errors.

I am aware of all that. If you will read my post you will see this will be used offline. And it will update up until January and Windows 7 does still get some updates monthly. I know it gets updates because I have used it. Just no security updates. Now my problem had nothing to do with getting updates or support ending. Now you are the tech expert why did it take a tech expert to tell me what I already know? I paid for the Windows 7 OS and that is what I want to use I am the paying Dell customer. Again my issue had nothing to do with updates or support ending. I need the Windows 7 recovery image and was told a "Tech Expert" could help. Now where is the help? Now here is my original post please read it clearly.

Please @DELL  FIX YOUR FORUM.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Cannot reply to Private Messages.

Guess what? On my Windows 7 Desktop I was able to send the reply. I am just saying.  I guess I will use this Windows 7 desktop to reply when they reply back. I don't think I will get what I want though. Noone seems to understand I WANT WINDOWS 7 RECOVERY NOT WINDOWS 10. Do I need to get a megaphone and yell it in some ears?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Gallium

You can shout as loud as you'd like, in as many places as you'd like.  The fact is that Windows 7 went end of life on January 14, 2020.  Microsoft does not distribute it any longer, and neither do any Microsoft licensees such as Dell.

If you did not prepare a set of backup media as you were prompted to when you first received the system, you may be able to find a Dell recovery disc for sale on EBay or similar.  You won't get WIndows 7 from either Dell or Microsoft at this point;  Windows 10 is the only option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Well maybe I am the one who needs the megaphone shouted in my ear. I did not realize @U2CAMEB4ME  

Posted a link in my original post.

0 Kudos