Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2022 06:00

Cannot revert to A05 BIOS on Vostro 260

I made a mistake in updating Bios to A08 (which I've since found is corrupt). My V260 was running W10pro both 32 and 64 bit with a Dell E525W printer/scanner with no problems -

I took bad advice and "upgraded" BIOS to A08, since which my pc is reporting it's changed identity (Properties say it is missing the  PCI Simple Communications controller, AND the "driver update" button is greyed out) and whatever I do, I cannot get the printer to work (and tried all conventional steps). Only then found that A08 is corrupt.  Thought to upgrade BIOAS to A10 - refuses to load, wrong platform (doesnt recognise Windows 10)

So - obvious answer - revert to the original BIOS, A05 - I executed the file, with this result..  HELP please.

masterbowl_0-1659965550020.jpeg

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

August 8th, 2022 06:00

A10 is actually an older BIOS version than A08. Yes I know but sometimes the Dell chronological order of BIOS versions is confusing. Have you tried pulling the CMOS battery , leave it out for 15 minutes, then reinstalling? Also I would suggest reposting this in the desktop forum and not here in the laptop forum.

Also what do you mean by "changed identity"?

August 12th, 2022 05:00

REPOSTED in correct Desktop forum

No Events found!