Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

September 8th, 2021 02:00

Command Center AlienFX issue on G15 5511

I received my Dell G15 5511 today and when I open the AWCC, it show up "No Supported AlienFX devices was detected." and my Home and FX tab was missing. I never used this before. This is brand new pc!!!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

November 11th, 2021 06:00

This is working as designed. If there are no AlienFX compatible EXTERNAL devices (AW320M, AW720M, AW920H, AW310K, AW410K, AW510K, AW310M, AW510M, AW610M, AW510H, AW588, AW568, AW768, AW988, AW958, AW959) connected to the PC, this message will pop up. Check the box that says, "Do not show this message again".

If you have one of those, you need to install the additional Alienware Gaming Peripheral driver.

12 Posts

September 20th, 2022 01:00

I just wanted to post that I have solved my issue with the AWCC finally. There was an error in Event Viewer but it came up at the time Windows would boot, not within the time range of booting the program. The error was clearly caused by Microsoft somehow but I just now solved it tonight finally thanks to another random post from a Dell user on these forums who posted it was their solution as well. The issue was that Windows Update did not pick up the Visual C++ Runtime updates so I had to download them from the Microsoft site. As soon as they were installed the program instantly started up, downloaded the other bits and pieces and worked like a charm. I now have my temperature view and fan control available to me finally. I do however get the error now that the original poster listed about "no supported AlienFX devices found...", but the program is working now so that's all I care about at the moment.

For anybody else stuck on a similar issue as mine based on the screenshot I showed above the info I provided then you might look into the Visual C++ Runtime files and see if that helps you out as well.

• 

25K Posts

September 8th, 2021 04:00

Xiaomai0516,

Uninstall the program,  reboot the computer and download the AWCC again from here.

4 Posts

October 13th, 2021 08:00

I got same problem with new PC, after reinstalling and rebooting the problem is not solved. 

2 Posts

November 13th, 2021 09:00

The problem I'm having is the same though an earlier model the DELL G15 5510. I just bought it last Thursday and it had UBUNTU OS.

After installing Windows 11 on it I downloaded all the required drivers from Dell Support including Alienware Command Center and OC service.

The laptop had a AlienFX keyboard module and I did every single troubleshooting solution I could think of from reinstalling the app to installing older versions.

The same problem occurs everytime "No Supported AlienFX devices are found"

I used to have an Alienware 15 R2 w/ GTX980m, even though it had zoned lighting. I liked it. And I bought this G15 knowingly it having individual RGB lighting on the keyboard. I'd hate to return the laptop and by another cuz I love Dell products for their reliability and battery life.

1 Message

December 1st, 2021 03:00

Hello, im in same as you, bought yesterday and keep saying "No Supported AlienFX devices are found", my version is Dell G15 5510, did you found an solution?

December 12th, 2021 21:00

What about OC controls i tried to use it in my G15 5511 and not find any app but it is installed or look XMP profiles in the bios and does not include as expected in a suppouse any gaming laptop? i find this very dissappointing in Dell Gaming laptop(Suppose), cheaper OMEN ASUS MSI have XMP profiles in Bios or OC software, i hope a BIOS update this problem ASAP Alien CC shows 3200mhz in my rams but CPUZ shows 1600

Alien CC.png

CPUZ.png

Cpuz2.png

3 Posts

December 14th, 2021 02:00

HI guys! I finally found a solution. Just uninstall awcc (and other alienware related software) and install awcc from microsoft store!

3 Posts

December 20th, 2021 01:00

CPU Z shows clock frequency...which is 1600 MHz. 3200 MHz is the clock speed; since the ram that we use nowadays is DDR (double data rate), which means that data is transmitted on the falling and rising edge of the signal. Basically, when you see marketing assume they are talking about clock speeds since that's the bigger number, but in reality the frequency != speed.

1 Message

December 31st, 2021 10:00

I tried several times and I still get the same error saying that no FX devices are detected.

Either my laptop is faulty or it's just not going to work.

6 Posts

January 24th, 2022 02:00

I still have this problem with brand new g15 5511 even trying from microsoft store!!

• 

16.7K Posts

February 2nd, 2022 07:00

Rhys27,

We are following up to check the status of system functionality if you got a chance to reinstall the operating system.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2022 14:00

I have been using program feature to remove Alienware Command Center Suite and Alienware OC Controls. Also remove everything relative in the Regedit, delete folder of ACC on the program file, make sure no User have ACC, and re-install. The problem is not fix.

Just received my laptop yesterday 02/02/2022

2 Posts

March 5th, 2022 09:00

Same here, seems like dell has problems with their software

No Events found!