Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

4 Posts

September 8th, 2021 02:00

Command Center AlienFX issue on G15 5511

I received my Dell G15 5511 today and when I open the AWCC, it show up "No Supported AlienFX devices was detected." and my Home and FX tab was missing. I never used this before. This is brand new pc!!!

2 Posts

March 13th, 2022 09:00

This is 2022. Can Dell not get us a good fix to these recurring issues on brand new machines and/or keep us updated that they are, in fact, actively working on a resolution?

1 Message

April 3rd, 2022 06:00

• Hlo Dell me to also buyed yesterday Dell G15 5511 today I checked in  Alienware command centre fx tab is missing how to change colours  now . i reinstalled but also it is missing  plss solve this issue

• 

25K Posts

April 3rd, 2022 06:00

We have reached out to you via private message. Please check and write back for assistance.

1 Message

April 10th, 2022 17:00

even i am facing the same issue it shows no supported device are shown

• 

16.7K Posts

April 11th, 2022 05:00

Sricharan21,

Did you update the BIOS and then the Chipset drivers from the support website? Let us know.
1. Open a web browser and go here
2. Enter your system Service Tag and click “Search”
3. On the resulting page, click the “Drivers and Downloads” tab.
4. In the “Find drivers” drop-down menu, choose BIOS under “Operating System”
5. Click on the most recent version of the BIOS and then download it.
6. Once downloaded, double-click the file icon on the lower left of the screen.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
8. Once it is done, the system will restart for the BIOS installation to complete and install.

1 Message

May 12th, 2022 10:00

I have the same problem, and I have tried everything I saw

1 Message

May 23rd, 2022 09:00

Yes i have the same problem.well atleast i know im not the only one facing this problem.dell please do something.buggy software? No solution until today this is very dissapointib from dell

July 3rd, 2022 20:00

I can't change my keyboard color at all because the FX doesn't appear on my Alien. I've done everything, uninstalled and installed, everything and I can't.

4 Posts

September 5th, 2022 13:00

Thought id jump on the waggon as a Dell G15 5155 user with the same issue and i have gone through all the forms and all the reddits everything i could think of its 2 years since this laptop launched and still no fix like what the heck Dell please i need this fixed as my laptop is very important, and id hate to go public with all these issues 

12 Posts

September 12th, 2022 22:00

Nearly the same issues here, with a G15 5515 I think it was, it's not the computer I'm currently typing on. The laptop is literally 5 days old now so no I'm not reinstalling the OS as others stated earlier in the thread. I'm also on incredibly limited bandwidth and it's absolutely not an option to keep trying to redownload and install these programs over and over.

My issue started upon opening the AWCC for the first time. It was trying to do an update and was stuck at 70% and never continued. From that point anytime I tried to open it the program comes up and a notification pops up saying it's trying to get things ready and it could take 30sec or more. Nothing happens after 20 minutes.  Best info I could find the other night was to uninstall and redownload. That didn't work. Instead it installed "Alienware Command Center Package Manager". It never installed the program itself, just whatever the Package  Manager is. AWCC will not reinstall. I've tried to download a previous version and same result, Package Manager and no actual program. From the PM it tells me I can "Add Packages", "Repair Packages", or Remove everything. I've done each option many times and the results are the same. Adding looks like it adds stuff but upon restarting it added nothing. Repair gives an error stating it was interrupted (no error code) and then says it's waiting on a restart which had been done far too many times and made no difference. 

I had to fight for 2 days to get Windows Updates to work properly and then SupportAssist is completely broken as well as AWCC.  Dell, your software and PCs are riddled with issues. That laptop will be the last Dell product I ever buy at this rate. This computer I'm on now is on the edge of crashing. Dell computer and guess what? Issues from Day 1 (2yrs ago now, yep, it hasn't hardly even had a life yet). Previous computer this replaced? Yep, another Dell, big surprise, it had issues from the very start as well. That's now 2 Desktops and 1 laptop of yours I've owned that have been nothing but problems from day 1.

12 Posts

September 12th, 2022 23:00

Apparently I can't edit my post again. I attempted to grab it through the MS store like somebody else mentioned and it shows on my programs again now at least but I'm back to the exact same problem I had originally. I load it, a notification at the bottom right from Windows states it's loading and needs a moment and could take 30sec or more. Yet the program is stuck in an infinite loading loop and there is no response with the internet, CPU or HD with this program at all. It has been going for 30 minutes like this now and nothing. Here's a screenshot of what I see. THis is what I saw the other day too and it has never done anything beyond this.

AWCC_infiniteloading.png

There are no errors tied to this program in Event Viewer anywhere.

No Events found!