Highlighted
IsmailKhalifa
1 Nickel

Common issue with Dell Laptops (Plugged in, not charging )

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am very depressed of Dell laptops!

I have Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 5567 , today I got this issue "Plugged in, not charging ".

I checked the battery and the power adapter they are Ok , after searching to solve this issue I found that this issue is common with Dell laptops, I have got Dell laptops twice my experience with them is bad despite that they are expensive, the first one broke before years, so I bought laptop from another brand then after few years before two years I bought this Dell laptop Inspiron 15 5567 unfortunately I got this issue which is common.  

My other Laptop from another brand is working for years without issues until now.

I do not know if this common issue is because Dell laptop's quality is low or the BIOS was programmed to do that just to sell more new laptops!!

Does anyone know how to solve this issue by different ways than buying new battery or power adapter because I tried many inspection ways without success?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmailKhalifa
1 Nickel

Re: Common issue with Dell Laptops (Plugged in, not charging )

Jump to solution

20190523_040834.jpg

@DCFAdmin 

Excuse me for what I said before, I am very sorry, I was depressed!

I would like to share with you how I solved this problem.

I checked the electronic components on the motherboard and found in the power circuit that the smd transistor PQ6 is broken (its part number is 702) so I replaced it with the available compatible smd transistor (S72), that solved the problem, please see the attached picture.

Now my laptop is charging Smiley Happy

I hope that everyone solve their issues.

Thank you so much! <3

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsmailKhalifa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I can't update the BIOS firmware cause the charging percentage is 9% less 1% of the value that allows me to update it  Smiley Sad

Bad luck!!

0 Kudos
IsmailKhalifa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

20190523_040834.jpg

@DCFAdmin 

Excuse me for what I said before, I am very sorry, I was depressed!

I would like to share with you how I solved this problem.

I checked the electronic components on the motherboard and found in the power circuit that the smd transistor PQ6 is broken (its part number is 702) so I replaced it with the available compatible smd transistor (S72), that solved the problem, please see the attached picture.

Now my laptop is charging Smiley Happy

I hope that everyone solve their issues.

Thank you so much! <3

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Thank you for posting to the forum.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
IsmailKhalifa
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

My pleasure, don't mention it!

I like to help other people as they help me when I need help.

Also I found the laptop power input socket is broken so I replaced it , I think that did short circuit that cause that transistor to be broken.

0 Kudos