Highlighted
LawrenceL
1 Copper

Completely Incompetent Customer Service. Dell FAILS

Oh, the audacity. Swaraj J from the Dell Advanced Resolution Group calls me tonight, during dinner... Again. Recognizing that they have failed to properly correct the issues with my laptop, he offers to let me ship the computer to their repair depot. Clearly, I am not being understood by Swaraj J. and the Advanced Resolution Group. Shipping my 4 month old computer to you for 10-15 business days is not acceptable.  I have already lost the entire month of November to fatal crashes and the attempts to fix this lousy computer.  I have lost a month of work.  I have lost immeasurable amounts of intellectual and creative data.  I have been inconvenienced to a level that would have surely gotten my fired if I were not a contractor.  

Best line of the night, "You could not have expected it to work perfectly when you purchased it."

Actually Swaraj J., that is exactly what I expected when I purchased a brand-new computer from a reputable, authorized retailer. Had I wanted a used, repaired computer, I would have kept my old one.

At this point, simply replacing the computer at like value does not seem like reasonable compensation.  I feel as though Dell owes me the cost of the computer AND the cost of my time.  As you have probably noted by now, I have ready access to a host of media contacts and love to write all about the terrible experience.  I will continue to keep sending the details of my experience to the media until I am satisfied.  And the level of my expectations will continue to rise until such time as I feel that Dell has taken responsibility for their horrible service and the inconvenience they have caused this customer.  

I will also continue to contact the Board of Directors at Dell and any people in supervisory positions until I find the person responsible for the level of incompetence I have been forced to suffer.  I continue to fail to understand the lack of respect and professionalism.  I would never think to ask another person to sacrifice their livelihood in order to facilitate a repair, when a new replacement could have been and should have been sent weeks ago.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

Re: Completely Incompetent Customer Service. Dell FAILS

@LawrenceL wrote:

I would never think to ask another person to sacrifice their livelihood in order to facilitate a repair, when a new replacement could have been and should have been sent weeks ago.

What does the Dell warranty say?

Replacement warranty is not standard.

If you don't bother reading it when purchasing, you can't make up rules as you go along.

0 Kudos