Lixteris
1 Copper

Constant Dell inspiron 15 7577 problems - Sound Lag, FPS drops, Mouse Stutter

EDIT: I fixed Sound Lag by deleting all of Dell software.

I'm tired, to be honest. I have constant problems with my new (got it two days ago) Dell Inspiron 15 7577. Before that I had Lenovo Legion Y520, but that had mouse stutter issues, so I returned it and got Inspiron 15 7577.

So what problems I have after clean install?

1. Mouse Stutter. I know about this issue, it's related to Intel HD drivers and nVidia Optimus technology. Waiting for a fix, but mouse is still stuttering. I read about all workarouds and so on. Maybe this will be fixed.

2. Sound sometimes glitches/lags in random situations when listening music on Spotify for like 1-2 seconds. I tried everything: I reinstalled drivers, from Dell site and even Realtek site, used generic MS drivers - still the same issue. Issue started today, so go figure.

3. FPS Drop in games, textures not loading so fast in PUBG after initial landing phase compared to my old laptop with regular SSD (NVMe? Read in 4). I know, that I can try to fix FPS Drops by undervolting GPU in MSI Afterburner, because I saw, that when I lost FPS, GPU Clock when down from 1500+MHz to around 1100-1200MHz (GTX 1060 Max Q).

4. Slow overall OS performance. I have Toshiba KXG50ZNV256G NVMe. I tried using OCZ NVMe drivers, but that didn't helped. I use AHCI mode, never tried RAID with Intel RST. Also, CrystalDiskMark shows only 330MB/s Write, but that can't be a factor for OS performance. In any case, OS performance is not as great, as in my three years old laptop with regular SSD.

Conclusion: Can my problems be faulty NVMe related? I have SATA SSD to try to install fresh Windows 10 and see, if problems stay. Does any other forum members have same issues? If so, do you have Samsung or Toshiba NVMe or even regular SATA SSD? You use AHCI mode?

Thanks for any replies.

19 Replies
ieee488
5 Iridium

Re: Constant Dell inspiron 15 7577 problems - Sound Lag, FPS drops, Mouse Stutter

Did you install drivers ? .
0 Kudos
abeLuna
1 Copper

Re: Constant Dell inspiron 15 7577 problems - Sound Lag, FPS drops, Mouse Stutter

Are you sure that Windows Update, Dell Update, Anti-Virus, Microsoft Store, and any other apps are not updating in the background? All of these updates occur without any warning and or indication that it's happening. And it can seem like your OS is slow.

0 Kudos
Lixteris
1 Copper

ieee488>No, I'm stupid. Read text before typing something.

abeLuna>I'm not that stupid, I know how to use Task Manger or any other tool to monitor that.

In any case, I will try to roll back to Windows 10 1607, because I saw a lot of complains about FPS drops and stutters in Windows 10 1709. You can see a big thread here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/geforce-drivers/all-games-stuttering-with-fps-drops...

I will also try newest RTM, Windows 10 1803. It's unbelievable, that we buy expensive hardware and have such a big problems because of drivers issues. It's embarrassing.

0 Kudos
Samhue
1 Copper

Even I am facing the same problem. Hope we get a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Marcontian
1 Copper

Did you also get the horrendous diagonal tearing issue? I can't run anything with vSync on or I get diagonal screen tearing for days. Wish I had known these issues prior to purchasing. Lesson learned...don't buy a laptop right now.
0 Kudos
JordyGio
1 Copper

Update to fix It? I'm so angry!
0 Kudos
Lixteris
1 Copper

Marcontian>I have a little bit of tearing when playing without VSync, but it's quite normal, because no GSync panel on 7577. I recommend to you to install newest Windows 10 version (1803), turn on VSync and I think you will see a quite different picture. If not, go to RMA. 1803 solved tearing issues for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lixteris
1 Copper

JordyGio> Are you talking about Mouse Stutter? Mouse Stutter and freezes are caused by Intel HD drivers, and I solved that by trying a combination of Intel HD drivers - now I don't have mouse stutter or freezes. In any case, I still have FPS drops even after Windows 10 1803 Update. Also, Toshiba NVMe just su-cks hard. I still will test some games today on Windows 10 1803, I will also try Windows 10 1607 LTSB (No Windows features whatsoever) and we will see what will happen. I wanted to try to change SSD and try with good one, but I will not do that - I will go for RMA. I will send them a lot of tests: FPS, Toshiba garbage NVMe and so on. Fix it.

0 Kudos
JordyGio
1 Copper

My issues are mouse stuffer and fps drops: now i'm going to disable the iGPU Intel from BIOS and then i'll test some games to verify if something changes.
1250€ = good hardware, bad software 

0 Kudos