DoctorRzepa
2 Bronze

Re: Constant Dell inspiron 15 7577 problems - Sound Lag, FPS drops, Mouse Stutter

When it comes to drive performance, that's also drivers issue. I did an experiment: clean Windows 10 installation, with no internet connection. I left everything as it was, no drivers installed. And then i made a drive speed test in CristalDiskMark. Guess what. ~1000MB/s write speed. After anything installation of anything Intel related (thermal framework, chipset...) speed drops to ~350MB/s. I wonder, who should solve this issue - Microsoft or Intel?

Lixteris
1 Copper

Re: Constant Dell inspiron 15 7577 problems - Sound Lag, FPS drops, Mouse Stutter

JordyGio>Good luck with that, bro. Optimus FTW!...right?

DoctorRzepa>Same here - 1200+ MB/s write after clean Windows 1803 install. In any case, I blame Dell and Toshiba, not MS or Intel - just provide good drivers in the products page. That's all. Don't give any drivers, who you gave Samsung NVMe, fix our **bleep** with Toshiba NVMe, or replace Toshiba drivers with Samsung ones.

After Windows 1803, games performance looks quite good, but OS is still a little bit slugish, compared to my other, older PC with piece of **bleep** GPU, but SSD and i7 CPU. I will try to swap SSDs, if that will not help, RMA.

0 Kudos
JordyGio
1 Copper

Nothing.... i've surfed the internet for 2 hours but finally i've found out that dual graphics systems (like my pc) can't completely disable the intel iGPU, you can do this more easy on a desktop computer or a pc that allows these kind of change in the bios. I've disable the driver of Intel HD from device management but then Nvidia graphics card doesn't work anymore! You can use it, only linking your pc at another screen. For now.. i'm going to use my external 21' screen, but this Dell should be a laptop, not a **bleep**ing desktop!

And you? Can you play well with Windows 10 v.1803? If yes, i think that for next one recovery i'll install it.... and then i'm going to disable updates... S***.

0 Kudos
DoctorRzepa
2 Bronze

For stuttering, i recommend TrayPwrD3 as a workaround - it keeps Nvidia at idle, which reduces lagging in exchange for battery life.

Lixteris,

if you also experience that weird bug with NVME Toshiba drive, please join my discussion, which I started. If we can gather many users with that issue, maybe Dell/Toshiba will start working on a fix.

Why this particular model has to suffer from poor software? How long is it on the market?

0 Kudos
Lixteris
1 Copper

DoctorRzepa>Where is it? Some dude did that, even took Toshiba NVMe from that notebook, as I recall,
sent it to Dell engineers and they said, that drive work "as indented". As I understand, they just fired up Linux, as many people in that field do, when they work with these kind of things, and saw that drive is working GREAT. When people had older version, Toshiba XG4, they used OCZ drivers to fix the issue. Our XG5 doesn't have retail version. XG5 is almost a year on the market, btw. TrayPwrD3 workaround works good, but I don't use it - latest Intel HD drivers seems working just fine as of now on Win 1803.

JordyGio>You can't use only nVidia GPU with Optimus. We don't have a option to turn off Intel iGPU. What about games? Everything runs quite good, as in Notebookcheck review, expect PUBG sometimes, but it's understandable - that game is broken anyway.

Still, I think I will go for RMA - I don't want to use NVMe with 350MB/s Write and I will demand for Samsung one. The problem is in the XG5 firmware and Dell motherboard, because that NVMe looks great in reviews.

0 Kudos
JordyGio
1 Copper

Games run very well, but without Intel HD driver and with another monitor to use Nvidia dGPU.
And i can't play everywhere if i always have to take an external monitor with me!
In fact, this is a momentary setup...   i hope that dell can resolve as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NicolaZaltron
1 Copper

Has anybody tried the latest ssd drivers from dell? Version AADA4104, A00 released 12 Apr 2018.
I'm just wondering how to install them without data loss (installation process is quite cryptic) and how to ceck and eventually set AHCI over RAID for the drive settings, any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Mega_6
1 Copper

I was having Major problems with buzzes with music stuttering video the problem has been fixed for me.

first here are my specs

Inspiron 15 (7573)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 @ 1.80GHz - Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology
RAM: 16.0GB
Motherboard:Dell Inc. 0PRWJ1 (U3E1)
Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (3840x2160@60Hz)
M240A1 (1920x1080@59Hz)
Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Dell)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce MX130 (Dell) 
ForceWare version: 397.64
Storage 238GB TOSHIBA KSG60ZMV256G M.2 2280 256GB (SATA (SSD)) 

I tried using the

• TrayPwrD3 - did not work
  • changing preferred graphics processor to Nvidia -did not work for me
  • changing preferred graphics processor to Integrated Graphics- did not work for me
  • going back to oem supplied Nvidia drivers -did not work for me
  • updating to newest Nvidia drivers- did not work for me
  • Uninstalling dell support assist and all dell software) - did not work for me

what did work for me

I watched a YouTube video one of the commenters said that they updated to the insider prview build and they had successe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQZWfWFhlc

so i upgraded to the insider build - this did not work however i also read that someone else uninstalled the max audio drivers  It is not enough to just uninstall the maxaudio software uninstall and delete the driver and install the "High Definition Audio Device" by to update " broswer for drivers" > "select driver from list" 

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General/Audio-Drivers-Not-Wanted/td-p/5155526

after that I rolled back to current windows build - still stuttering at that point 

update your display adapter for intel uhd graphics in my case it is the 620
do not use the dell update tools

intel has an updating utility driver and support utility that works for many elements such as the wireless driver but will not update the graphics drivers because it says my device is custom and i need to get them from the manufacturer but it may work for you 

go to the device manager > display adapters > intel uhd graphics 6xx > right click > update driver

my driver information after update

Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
driver date: 2/28/2018
driver version: 23.20.16.4973
Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

NVIDIA  Geforce MX130

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
driver date: 5/7/2018

Notice both drivers are not very recent i tried updating 

current build'10.0.17134 build 17134

then magically every thing works. 

I'm not sure if you need to do everything i did  but this is what i did and it worked

GOOD LUCK!!

0 Kudos
Mega_6
1 Copper

I was having Major problems with buzzes with music stuttering video the problem has been fixed for me.

first here are my specs

Inspiron 15 (7573)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
M240A1 (1920x1080@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce MX130 

I tried using the

TrayPwrD3 - did not work
changing preferred graphics processor to Nvidia -did not work for me
changing preferred graphics processor to Integrated Graphics- did not work for me
going back to oem supplied Nvidia drivers -did not work for me
updating to newest Nvidia drivers- did not work for me
Uninstalling dell support assist and all dell software) - did not work for me

what did work for me

I watched a YouTube video one of the commenters said that they updated to the insider prview build and they had successe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txQZWfWFhlc

so i upgraded to the insider build - this did not work however i also read that someone else uninstalled the max audio drivers It is not enough to just uninstall the maxaudio software uninstall and delete the driver and install the "High Definition Audio Device" by to update " broswer for drivers" > "select driver from list"

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General/Audio-Drivers-Not-Wanted/td-p/5155526

after that I rolled back to current windows build - still stuttering at that point

update your display adapter for Intel uhd graphics in my case it is the 620

intel has an updating utility driver and support utility that works for many elements such as the wireless driver but will not update the graphics drivers because it says my device is custom and i need to get them from the manufacturer but it may work for you

go to the device manager > display adapters > intel uhd graphics 6xx > right click > update driver

NVIDIA Geforce MX130

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
driver date: 5/7/2018

Notice both drivers are not very recent despite constantly updating since i got the laptop about 21 days ago

I'm not sure if you need to do everything i did but this is what i did and it worked

GOOD LUCK!!

0 Kudos
Mega_6
1 Copper

first here are my specs

Inspiron 15 (7573)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
M240A1 (1920x1080@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce MX130 (Dell)

I tried using the

TrayPwrD3 - did not work
changing preferred graphics processor to Nvidia -did not work for me
changing preferred graphics processor to Integrated Graphics- did not work for me
going back to oem supplied Nvidia drivers -did not work for me
updating to newest Nvidia drivers- did not work for me
Uninstalling dell support assist and all dell software) - did not work for me
what did work for me

Im removing YouTube link because my response was getting marked as **bleep** or something

so i upgraded to the insider build - this did not work however i also read that someone else uninstalled the max audio drivers It is not enough to just uninstall the maxaudio software uninstall and delete the driver and install the "High Definition Audio Device" by to update " broswer for drivers" > "select driver from list"

update your display adapter for intel uhd graphics in my case it is the 620

NVIDIA Geforce MX130

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
driver date: 5/7/2018

Notice both drivers are not very recent i tried updating

I'm not sure if you need to do everything i did but this is what i did and it worked

GOOD LUCK!!

0 Kudos